Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, June 12, 2011

Recent Developments

Thanks for all the well wishes regarding Charles' new calling. I had my first experience as a "single mom" in Sacrament meeting today and it wasn't my favorite Sunday ever but, definitely not my worst. There is growth to be had as we learn how to juggle these responsibilities and I know the Lord will sustain and help us figure this out.

Vince learned to sign "sleep" this week. We were at the park during his normal naptime and he looked at me and signed sleep. I was so happy that we could communicate using sign! We left immediately so I could put him down and he went right to sleep.


Another one of her "silly faces"

He has also been saying, "Ut-oh" over and over and over again when he drops something until it's picked up again. The first time he did it was when he was in the living room and Azure and I were in the kitchen. She looked at me with such excitement and said, "Mommy, he's learning how to talk now!" I was so happy to share that moment with her. It's such a phenomenon to witness the very beginning of skills that we take for granted, like walking and talking. Another happy mommy moment.

3 comments:

Aunt Tally said...

Beautiful children!

Sarah said...

I love those little growth moments. That is exciting that Azure cares so much too. :)

kyle and ila johnson said...

Hey! Your family looks wonderful. We are excited for your new adventures. I was wondering what camera you were using for your photos. They look amazing. :)