Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, June 5, 2011

16 months

I guessed that Vince would walk at 15 months. With only one week to go I didn't think he'd make it but, last Monday, May 30th he took his first steps! He sneaked off to the couch and then started laughing so I'd look at him and he was walking!!! He loves to clap for himself. And when he falls he says, "Whoah!" in this cute growl type voice. Or he'll say, "Ut-oh!" I wouldn't say that he is walking yet. He can only take about 8 steps before falling, but he did take his first steps at 15 months.

He has gone through such a huge mental growth spurt in just one weeks time! It is incredible. He's like a different baby. With only having Azure to compare him to (I know, you're not supposed to compare your children right?) there are times when I've been slightly worried because at this age Azure was talking a lot (about 30 words) and could do about 25 signs. But, it's like he's just been holding back because he really knows and understands so much. More than I've given him credit for.
Drinking "miewk"


This week Vince has started calling me "Mom". He says it when he runs out of food, when he wants a drink, when I leave the room or if he senses some kind of danger. I would prefer "Mommy", hopefully that will come later. He's also started signing bird out of nowhere. He knew how to do it all along that little stinker, because he does it so well! He can also sign fish. I pulled out some animal flash cards and he has been mesmerized spending up to 20 mins just looking at all of them and making the sounds for each one. He can moo and tries to do a monkey sound which I just love.

It is so fun to see his development and personality emerge a bit more. We've been listening to The Prince of Egypt soundtrack a lot lately in the car. If you haven't heard it, you should. It really is a soul moving musical masterpiece. Every time I hear it, I get tingly. Every single time. I love it! My dream is to be in the musical and either play Zipporah or Jochebed. Since I'm the chorister I am always conducting music these days and when we listen to this song I pretend I'm conducting the orchestra. Vince thinks this is one of the most hilarious things ever and we just laugh and laugh while he and Azure wave their arms around conducting every time the Israelite slave song (Deliver Us) comes on. 

He now has 8 teeth, including 2 bottom molars. We skipped his 15 month well-check so I don't know how much he weighs. I think he's due for some immunizations at the 18 month so we'll find out then. 


A week and a half ago we went down to 2 nursing sessions a day from 3. He's adjusted well. My body has been doing some funky things though like wanting to continue eating even though I'm full. Like it still thinks I need more calories. I don't remember this happening when I went down from 4 to 3, but 3 to 2 seems like a big deal to my body. Now, is when I have to stop having 4ths of yummy desserts. Nursing sure does my body good :) I think by 18 months he'll be ok to wean. Azure was 18 months when I stopped nursing her so I feel okay with that age.  

His eczema has flared up again big time. I think the shag-like carpet in our new house is a possible cause. That and he's been in chlorinated water 2x in the last week- at the pool and a splash park. Chlorine is really bad for his eczema but, he really loves the water. It is so sad to try and keep him out when it's hot and everyone else is having a gay ole time.

1 comment:

CK said...

Oh, that is so cute how he growls and says "Ut-oh!" I love when kids start to make verbal connections and start talking. What a cute-y.