Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, December 20, 2010

Los Abuelos

My Lamadrid grandparents came for a visit. Azure couldn't say "abuela" or "abuelo" and kept referring to them as "her" and "him". I tried to have her repeat me but, she thought I was saying the same thing over and over, not realizing the difference between the "o" and the "a". Then she would get frustrated and say she doesn't like Spanish. So, here's hoping that she starts warming up to the idea of attending a Spanish Immersion kindergarten class in less than 2 yrs.

Despite the language barrier she had a blast with them at the park. They spent about 30 mins pushing her in the swing and chasing her around the park. And they are her GREAT grandparents. Being healthy is such an apparent blessing when you get older.

When they got back from the park I asked her if she learned any Spanish words and she said, "No, they didn't speak Spanish." Hmmm.

2 comments:

Maren B said...

Hahah! I love that she decided they didn't speak Spanish. Kids are so good at being in denial.

Ruth said...

I love the abuelos!

"Sigh" to Azure not liking Spanish. But what are you going to do about it? You've certainly done all you can to help her. Hopefully one of these days...