Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, December 11, 2010

Boring Dad Post, please disregard

Howdy, y'all. It's me-the guy who never writes posts, but occasionally appears in pictures as the disoriented nerd w/ glasses. As a proverbial "heads-up" to any interested parties, I'm currently working on applications for 5 different pharmacy residency programs. Interviews begin next month, after which I will hopefully be matched to a program in March to begin work in June. The Match is akin to going to Vegas and betting your life & livelihood on several numbers at the Roulette table. Unfortunately, I will not see any German duo-trained white tigers or French circuses in the gamble which will unroll over the next few months. I'm applying to programs in:

Tampa, FL
Savannah, GA
Winston-Salem, NC
Albuquerque, NM
Tucson, AZ

After and if I interview, I will rank the programs, and they will in turn rank me, followed by super computers meddling with my life and hopefully a happy outcome for all, world peace, etc. So there is a good chance we will live in one of the above cities come June. This may be joyous news to some, bitter melons to others. At any rate we are giddy, so stay tuned for utter and complete insanity to be unveiled as our lives are soon to be "flip turned upside down" in the words of Sir William Smythe.

6 comments:

MayoStix said...

In related news, I recently inherited BILLIONS OF DOLLARS from a wealthy relative in Nigeria!

Aunt Tally said...

Arizona baby!!!

Sarah said...

They all sound so exciting. Can't wait to hear how the roulette wheel lands.

Ruth said...

Can not wait to hear where you go!

Okay, I guess I can, because I have to. But I'm still excited.

Also, at least you have a reasonable, acceptable explanation for why your next move is a toss-up of cities.

Unknown said...

Deanna, thanks for the comments. I didn't even realize I had word verification on my blog. But, I think I fixed that. To answer the Dinner roll question I mixed water and milk and nuked them in the microwave and then added the yeast to that, stirred and let it sit for 10 minutes so the it was all bubbly. PS I wasn't sure what "proof" meant and had to google it. Sad I know, but now I am down with the baking lingo. Thank you!

Unknown said...

PS I hope that wherever you all end up you are happy and love it.