Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, November 5, 2010

9 months in, 9 months out

Though technically with Vince being 10 days "late" maybe he has been in longer than he's been out...
  • My boy is growing like a weed. About a month ago I put a 9 mo outfit on him and it was a little tight. A week later I put it on and it fit fine. So, I wondered if he was finally reaching a plateau. Yesterday he had his 9 mo checkup and he is only 18 lbs 12 oz so I guess it's true. He's growing longer and proportioning out a bit. He's gained about a pound in 2 months.The little chunk just awaking from a cat nap
  • Still only has 2 teeth
  • LOVES taking baths with Azure! He splashes with his wide eyes and flailing arms. Azure did the same thing when she got excited so that is just what I'm used to. A few weeks ago a friend of mine laughed out loud when she saw Vince do this face when I pulled out his puffs to eat. She said she never saw a baby got so excited like that. I love my expressive children :)
    Look at his little teeth!
  • We've started teaching him signs and he just laughs and laughs. Apparently I look pretty ridiculous when I teach signs.
  • He rolls and squirms and grunts and whines when I lay him on the changing table for diaper changes. Sheesh! It's such an ordeal lately. I usually enlist Azure's help to keep him from rolling all around. She's such a great helper.
  • He's getting a little more temperamental and fussy in general (I think b/c he still hasn't figured out how to crawl yet). I think his easy baby stage may be drawing to a close. Heaven help me!
  • His sleep schedule has been a little out of whack for the past 4 wks now. It started when we had to wake him up at 6am to drop Charles off in Baxley. Ever since then he thinks he has to wake up early *sigh*. He usually falls asleep around 7pm and wakes up between 6:30-7am. I know, 12 hrs straight is still great. I just REALLY liked 13 hrs better.
He still smells like a baby to me and I can't help but inhale him and kiss his little head repeatedly multiple times a day. I'm somewhat glad that he isn't crawling yet as it prolongs his babyness a little more. We love our little "Vincey boy" (Azure's nickname for him). I've already forgotten what it was like to be a mother of just one.

3 comments:

Receli said...

He is so cute!!! Eliza Lane just smiles when we sign too... I think she just loves Rachel Coleman and motionese at this point... :)

Catherine said...

I can't believe Vince is already 9 months old! He's SO ADORABLE! I love his expressions! I can see some of you in his smile. :) And Azure is getting so big! Man, I miss you guys! I wish I lived closer so we could play!

Aunt Tally said...

I know what we're having for Thanksgiving! ;)