We took a trip to CA from July 28- Aug 4 for my friend Eddie's wedding. We stayed a week with my parents. Believe it or not TSA was actually quite kind since they saw that I was flying alone w/ 2 kids. Who knew they could be so nice and helpful?!
One of the first things we did as soon as we landed in LA was eat at the newly opened Cafe Rio in Manhattan Beach.
Then we visited los abuelos en Carson. As a little girl I loved playing in their backyard, complete w/ a flower garden, guava, banana, avocado, and citrus trees. I probably forgot something...


I felt quite wistful watching Azure play around in that backyard thinking about how similar I looked at her age with blonde ringlets in that very same place.


As I entered my abuelo's study, I literally felt my heart turn as I saw these pictures:

This is my great grandmother Maria Alicia Gregoire and my great grandfather Franco Emilio Lamadrid.
Though, I'm pretty sure I'm not named after her, my middle name is Marie and I'd like to think that I was. I don't know much about her but, I love her so much. I can see a resemblance between us and I love it. I look forward to meeting her :)
Vince got to meet his Aunt Tally and Uncle Angel for the first time!




3 comments:
And Aunt Tally and Uncle Angel love him very much. Can't wait for November!
even with humidity i'll take 88-it was 107 here today! yuck!
It was so fun to see your family!
Post a Comment