On Sunday after my arrival in Salt Lake and our reunion as a family, we went to church in the Joseph Smith Memorial Building (where I threw up. Thankfully, only once that day.) We also went to Temple Square. It's only been a little over a year since we've been in Salt Lake, but it was great to reminisce and remember all the good times Charles and I have had at Temple Square (including our engagement pics).

We got to visit with Shannon for about an hour, but didn't take any pics! Then we stopped in Logan to visit Charles' cousin Sarah and got to meet her cute little Ella finally. Her and Azure are almost exactly a year apart.

The only pic I got while we were there :(
Grandma took all the little kids on a horse ride. Azure seems to like things like this before and after the fact, but not as much during.

I was so blessed to celebrate the 4th not only with Charles' family but, with my parents too, and also a surprise visit from my sister. She said she wasn't able to come up, but she did! It was great to have so much family together. Azure, of course loved all the attention. I'm a little worried that when we get back to Savannah, she's going to be bored out of her mind when it's just the 2 of us at home again.
The boys went shooting while the girls watched Twilight. I'm not a twilight fan and I must admit that watching the movie was excruciating at times.

I'm glad my Dad finally has 2 son in laws to do boy stuff with, since he never really got the chance to with me and my sister.

Charlie pooped after shooting, working 10 hour days (with no pay I might add), and meeting all my pregnancy food requests with minimal to no complaining. He's a good man! So glad he's mine for eternity :)
We enjoyed some delicious ribs courtesy of Monica and Miah. This should definitely become a tradition.


There were 25 of us, that's a lot of cups to keep track of.
We also celebrated Azure's belated 2nd Bday on the 4th. Complete with a pinata. Here's the bubble maker that Aunt Tally bought for her. Complete with hours of entertainment, or at least until a fight occurs about who's hogging all the bubbles.

My parents stayed at a nice hotel right on the river and across the street from the temple. We got a nice spot to watch the infamous firework show right on the river.

As I sat and watched the fireworks, I couldn't help but keep looking to my right at the temple all lit up. It is such a blessing to have temples on the earth, especially ones that are so close. The temple is what kept coming to my mind and heart as I reflected on my blessings of freedom. I always tell my Young Women that if they only remember one thing about me as their leader, I want them to remember that I love the temple, and that I have a testimony of temples. I want my blog readers to know that too! I think the happiest time in my life was when I was an ordinance worker for 3 yrs in the Provo temple. Because I was there so frequently, I had such an amplified perspective on life, which increased my faith in Christ. My greatest desire is to go there with all my family members! End tangent on the temple.

Some updates on Azure:
- She can now climb out of her pack n play and open the door to her get out of her room.
- She's wearing size 4 diapers now. Interested in sitting on the potty, but not actually going. (Any suggestions?)
- She tells me when she wants a nap. Today after skipping her nap, she told me, "Mommy, I wanna go sleepy."
- She hasn't had a bottle for over 4 weeks now. (She only had bottles for about a year of her life.)
- She still sucks her thumb and will for at least a year more, that's my guess.
4 comments:
I'm so glad I got to come up and surprise you! It was so hard to keep it a secret. I had so much fun with you guys. Azure is such a doll. I'm so happy she loves her Aunt Tally!
Thanks for sharing your testimony of the temple. I LOVE the temple too! When I'm feeling stressed/sad, the first thing I think of is that I need to go to the temple. And when I'm feeling overwhelmed with gratitude for my many, many blessings, I always feel the need to go to the temple to thank my Heavenly Father. :)
Yea! I'm glad you're having a good time.
I thought about you on the 4th, since I was with you last year.
I loved seeing the pictures of your family--I miss them! The girls picture is great and I like the one of your dad too. :)
I am sooo happy you guys came to visit us because life has been majorly crazy around here, and I don't know if I could have planned a trip to IF. It was so good to see you guys again. I am so happy you got to see the good old Melaleuca Fireworks at the greenbelt... the good old days.
Post a Comment