Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

On the road again...

Before we headed on our long trip back to Savannah, we took a weekend trip to Boise. We saw all the temples in Idaho. Idaho Falls, Rexburg, Boise, and Twin Falls.
The Rexburg and Twin Falls temples look almost exactly alike.

The Twin Falls

Charles in his element with Shiner. Azure misses the dogs so much that she pretends she's talking to them on the phone. It's adorable.

The first stop on our trip was to Provo. We were sad we couldn't see everyone we wanted to while we were there. We wish we had more time! As we drove off the University Parkway exit, I started bawling! I didn't think I was going to be that emotional. Though we wouldn't want to live in Provo forever, we do miss our time there. Such sweet memories! We hope our kids will want to go to BYU.
We stopped in Heber to see my friend Jessica from high school. They let us stay at their apartment in Denver that night even though they weren't there. We also got to see the Denver temple, though no pics. Azure did okay in the car though, she really liked to say, "Mommy" about every 5 mins for no apparent reason. Or "Hi mommy" and "Hi daddy" over and over and over again. She also refused to nap some days in the car only to finally fall asleep 5 mins before we had to get out to eat or sightsee.

From Denver to Omaha, we saw A LOT of cornfields. We stopped in Lincoln, NE for dinner with my friend Vanessa from high school. Again, no pics :( We got to Omaha late that night and left early to see the Winter Quarters temple and the tabernacle where Brigham Young was ordained a prophet.
You can see my pregnant belly already. It's growing a lot faster this time then it did with Azure. I'm also happy to report that my morning sickness is over! It started to subside around 11 weeks, so much better than 16 weeks with Azure.

Stay tuned for our next stop... Nauvoo! Our favorite stop!

3 comments:

Stefani M. said...

I blame the crying on those pesky pregnancy hormones! And too bad about the rare naps in the car. Our kids are good car nappers (usually). And if they ARE sleeping, there is no stopping! We pack snacks in the car, and there is no stopping unless absolutely necessary. Seriously, this time, we drove through some states with no stops whatsoever! (Like Louisiana... we drove for hours wanting Taco Bell for "lunch", and realized the only marked Taco Bell from the highway in Louisiana is in Talullah that we stopped at last year... and it was awful. It's our joke now to just skip stopping in Louisiana at all.)

Ruth said...

I'm SO happy that you're "already" over your sickness. That's wonderful!
And I'm so excited to see your trip to Nauvoo. As you probably already know, I LOVE that place. Did you got to the pageant? Oh, I hope so. I guess I'll just have to wait and see, huh?
How fun to go see so many different temples. I would like traveling with you guys! :)

Nicole said...

WHAT?! you're pregnant again!?!! I should have known. you probably already told me. congratulations! I'm so happy for you. too bad I wasn't here to see your buddah belly when you came through. :(