Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, October 4, 2007

Plane rides, bonfires, and great grandparents

We took a trip to Cali this last weekend to visit my family and Azure did a lot for a 3 month old. First she went to the renowned Stinking Rose restaurant in Beverly Hills and watched her dad eat 60 cloves of garlic! Unfortunately we have no photographic evidence of this but Charles reeked of garlic for about 24 hrs after the incident.
Then she headed to the beach to have a bonfire at Corona Del Mar in the city of Newport Beach where her parents were wed. Aunt Tally and Tio Angel joined us and they so graciously watched her while Charles and I took a romantic stroll on the shore :)
Then my mom and sister babysat while Charles and I went to the Redlands Temple. I was away from Azure for a record 4 hours! The longest we've been separated since her birth. Here she is attempting to take the bottle but in the end she refused it!
On Sunday she met lots of family: great grandparents, great aunts and uncles and second cousins!
Azure also realized that it's possible to choke oneself if one puts their fingers too far down their throat.
She did great on the plane! She barely slept b/c she was so excited about the surroundings and kept looking around. She can't wait until her next adventure!

3 comments:

Aunt Tally said...

Yay! I'm so glad pics are up. It was really fun having you guys here. Miss u already

Unknown said...

Sounds like you guys had a blast! The three of you are so cute together, I love the family picture. I just can't believe how big she is getting!

Just Me said...

I love the picture of you and Azure on the beach. You look so darling and as we know she's always adorable. So we know Azure survived the 4 hours of seperation, how did you hold up?? I was always the biggest baby when it came to leaving Zach. The only time he ever had a baby sitter was when we came to Houston and Tyler's family had an adult night out. The first time I had my mom watch him, but the 30 min drive just wasn't convenient. Now he still doesn't have a babysitter unless my in-laws come to town. I like to have his grandparents watch him. Which doesn't even happen that often. I some how coped with the 4 days away when we were off having our first official honeymoon.