Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, October 12, 2007

Cubby Chubby

Before I explain the title, I just wanted to say thank you to those who've changed their vote to Azure looking like me! As I've mentioned before she looks exactly like I did when I was a baby and unfortunately I haven't had too much motivation to find a scanner and scan my baby pics to prove it to those who haven't seen them or who knew me as a baby.

So about the title, it's Azure's new nickname. Cub has turned into cubby and though she's not really that chubby compared to other babies, she is getting denser and denser. By looking at her you'd have no idea how heavy she was when you picked her up!
I gave in and bought Azure a Bumbo seat. We were looking on Ebay and other discounted websites to find a cheaper one b/c they are somewhat expensive for a chair, but they are about the same price everywhere. (And yes I got her a blue one to match her name)
Buying Azure new toys is like buying myself new clothes, always fun and exciting! I can't wait for her to play with them and try them out. She's quite the wiggle worm, always trying to get out of her swaddles, the swing and the car seat. This chair is specially crafted so that it's almost impossible for babies to get out. It's funny to see her arch her back with arms outstretched trying to wiggle herself out, but alas, it's a futile attempt :) (she really does like this chair though) Watching Curious George with daddy...


Our little girl is growing up. Last night was her first night sleeping in her own room in a real crib. Up to this point in her life she's been in a bassinet in our room. So, as we moved the glider downstairs into her room I thought about what it might be like to help her move her stuff when she goes away to college. (I know, I know, that's 18 yrs from now) The thought of packing up her bassinet and taking it out of our room made me want to cry! She's just getting too big for it now.

3 comments:

Jamie said...

I can't believe how big she's getting! It must be really fun to be able to spoil your little girl. :)

Just Me said...

Every new stage made me cry! They grow up too quickly. I love that seat. I always wanted one for Zachary, but never got one. I might break down for our next child and get one! They seems so fun!

Aunt Tally said...

wow, my little Azure bear is getting so big. She is going to be even bigger next time I see her. Mom read the part about how you will be sad to send her off to college and she said, "now she knows how I felt", ha ha