Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, June 26, 2013

On Nest Building

I read this poem a couple yrs ago and tucked it away to be posted on the blog at some future date. I planned on putting it in my "You don't know what you don't know" post but, forgot. So, now it gets it own separate post.



On Nest Building
by Carol Lynn Pearson

Mud is not bad for nest building.
Mud and sticks.
And a fallen feather or two will do
And require no reaching.
I could rest there with my tiny ones
Sound for the season, at least.

But
If I may fly a while--
If I may cut through a sunset going out
And a rainbow coming back
Color upon color sealed in my eyes--
If I may have the unboundaried skies
For my study
Clouds, cities, rivers for my rooms--
If I may search the centuries
For melody and meaning--
If I may try for the sun--

I shall come back
Bearing such beauties
Gleaned from God's and the world's very best.
I shall come filled.

And then--
Oh, the nest I can build!

No comments: