"...I would be a mini guru of things relating to the sacredness of the body, which is something I feel very passionate about."I still do feel very passionate about the body. I wrote that post in Sept. 2010 but, the revelation came one night in December 2009 when I was 8 months pregnant with Vince. I can see myself kneeling in our bedroom. I was alone and praying out loud which is my absolute favorite. For some reason I felt prompted to pray about my future career which was odd to me b/c I hadn't been thinking about that recently. 2 other things came to mind besides massage therapy- Pilates instructor and childbirth educator. When I sought for specifics the answer, "Do what you feel passionate about" came to mind. In recording this event in my journal I wrote:
"The Lord knows my interests and passions and wants me to be happy as I figure out how to share my passion and happiness with others."My good friend Cassie introduced me to the idea of health coaching last June. It resonated with me but, I was pregnant and the timing felt off. As I prayed about whether or not I should do it after Zeke was born, that December night came to mind and I realized this was the answer to that prayer. Health coaching relates to the sacredness of the body!
So, I am now a personal health coach! I have my first client and already it is so fulfilling to help her achieve her goals. I can only imagine that joy increasing in the months to come as we see her progress.
Here is my website. Friends, will you please take a look at it and then pass my info onto anyone you know who has struggled with their weight and/or wants to learn to be healthy for the long term? I decided to work for this company because they focus on support. People who have been overweight for years need encouragement and support and tools to make behavioral changes. I help provide that for my clients. AND, if you yourself are interested in becoming a health coach, let me know. Leave a comment or email me at: sprklyblue@gmail.com My birthday is next week- think of it as an early birthday present for me :)
It feels good to be working on some personal development that allows me to be Deanna, and not just Mommy right now. Also, an added plus that I can help pay down our pharmacy school loans doing something I love. This is exciting! I'm grateful for answered prayers!




5 comments:
That is so cool! I decided recently I want to do something with public health/education in nursing bc I am passionate about health and so many of my patients would do much better with positive lifestyle changes. Yay for you, your passions and revelation. God is good! :)
Awesome. What a fun new adventure for you. I think you will be amazing.
Fun reading this :)
This is great, good luck! I feel I can relate a little to the desire to be your own self, not just "Mama!" :)
I love your passion about health and the body and am excited to hear more as you pursue this new adventure!
Post a Comment