Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, March 21, 2013

My babes

My babes are growing. I've been busy and they are growing before my eyes. Zeke is 25.5 inches long! His head is at the top of the bassinet and his feet are almost touching the bottom! He's not even 3 months yet and his 3 month clothes are getting too tight! I've never had a baby wear clothes bigger than their age yet.

I was looking at this picture today and remembered a vision I had when Charles and I were dating or engaged. Charles made this pouty face and said, "No,no,no,no." In my mind flashed an image of a blonde haired boy making the same face Charles was and saying the same thing. That was a powerful image to me. We knew before we were married that there were spirits eagerly awaiting. I haven't thought about that experience for a long time. It made me feel more tender tonight thinking about Vince. He is that boy I saw 4 years before we created his body.
Today Emily V. came over and as we were talking on the couch Azure joined in our conversation just like she was our age. It was clear she felt comfortable relating her experiences with us, just like she was an adult. I remember doing that at her age, too. She is becoming a young woman. She is growing tall.



Even though sometimes I rush about like a mad woman and shout orders when we're running late, I do take the time to squat down to their level at least once a day and look into their eyes and kiss their faces. I act silly and chase them around and tickle them.


Vince has been saying, "Mommy, you're the best Mommy I wanted." It's like he knows he made a choice to have me as his mother. Maybe he could have picked another woman. But, he picked me. And I feel that. I say to him, "And you're the best son I wanted. I told Heavenly Father, that's the baby I want. I want that one right there."




Having a newborn, or not-so-new born plus 2 other children at home is demanding. And again this baby won't take a bottle or pacifiers. I am 3 for 3. Truth is, in a way, I love being the only one that can give them what they need. Do I complain about that fact at times? Yes. But, I know this time won't last forever. And there is something so very sacred about clutching a baby to my breast and rocking back and forth in that glider that I nursed Azure and Vince in. I thank God for these 3 babes who drive me to insanity and who fill my heart with meaning and joy. Pure joy.

4 comments:

Ruth said...

Beautiful. And more beautiful because I got to be there with them and you.

And wow, Zeke HAS grown. Just since I was there, he looks like a different baby. Crazy.

I have to tell you something about Charles/Vince and their pouty faces from one of our conversation, but I'll do it in an email. Remind me if I don't soon. :)

Bonnie said...

I love this! You are an amazing woman, what a blessed family!

Line said...

Beautiful post and beautiful pictures. Your kids are adorable. And I loved reading about your experience in seeing Vince's face years before he was born. So tender!

Catherine said...

I love these thoughts on being a mother and I love the photos of the kids! So beautiful!