Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, April 8, 2013

6 wks-3 months

This little man is 3 1/2 months already. It is soo irresistible to see him grabbing for me, and balling his body up tightly with his mouth gaping open at me wanting to nurse. So, so precious!

2 months
Be still, my heart!

I LOVE snuggling with him- he hugs me SO tight! It's kinda sad when their limbs start stretching out and they stop curling up. I am enjoying this while I can.

He isn't squeaking as much anymore :(

His schedule right now is bath around 7pm. Asleep by 8pm. Awake around 7am. 11 hrs on average. I credit it all to the baby hot tub and his tight double swaddle. Oh, and the familiarity of this exact routine every night.  We have moved him out of our room into Vince's room so he's now in the crib and not the bassinet. We were hoping it would help him sleep in a little and it has. He was waking up around 6:30 when he would hear Charles' alarm clock go off. Now, that he can't hear it, he sleeps 30 mins longer. Every little bit helps :)

His nap schedule varies greatly every day. Usually around 9 or 10am (2-3 hrs after waking) he is ready for a nap and will usually sleep 2 hrs. Ideally, it seems he does well being awake 2-3 hrs and then sleeping 2 hrs but, sometimes he refuses to go down. One of the most frustrating things is trying to get a baby to fall asleep that is clearly tired but, refuses even after multiple attempts! Dealing with that and a defiant 3 yr old throwing tantrums leaves me anxious to leave the house for some alone time as soon as Charles gets home from work.


6 weeks

He can track objects with his eyes and enjoys gazing up at himself in the mirror on the panda (the playgym). In the mornings he is very tranquil and smiley. He is perfectly fine just laying on a blanket surveying his surroundings. As the day progresses he becomes more fussy and needy and incapable of entertaining or consoling himself.
6 wks

A lot of times I feel Charles and I have bitten off more than we can chew with 3 children. Not that we regret the timing at all- remember miracle baby and miracle timing! It's just a lot.

Roll from back to side- 2 mos
My boys (2 mos)

 First time in the Bumbo seat. Azure at dinner asked, "When is Zekiel gonna be able to sit in his seat?" "When he's 3 months probably." Then, I realized he was 5 days from being 3 months and said, "Well, let's put him in it now!" They were SO excited!
Yes, Vince uses Azure's old pink bib now. We had new friends over for dinner and they referred to Vince as a girl b/c of the bib and his long, curly hair!

Vince always asks me to "take a pitcher of me and Zekiel on the panda."

This yellow blanket that he's laying on was knitted by my Nana before I was born. She knitted it for her cousin Nick's son, Russell in 1968. Her cousins came to her funeral (which I intend to blog about) and gifted it to me for Zeke. "It rightfully belongs to you and your children now." I can't tell you how much it means to me to have this blanket. By the time I had babies she was no longer knitting blankets anymore. This is such a treasured gift!
Look at those baby blues!


And, now I'm semi caught up!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Oh Deanna. Your babes are precious! I love how you enjoy the little things. It sure helps get through the lack of sleep and endless tantrums I am sure. Vince is sure growing up. And I, for one, love his curly locks.

Maren B said...

3 is a lot of kids, regardless of the timing!