![]() |
| 15 wks |
Still super tired and not back to eating healthy like I was before this sickness started (minimal food aversions). I'm not as bothered by strong smells anymore that send me sprinting to the nearest toilet or trash can. Such a blessing to feel semi-normal again! I know the fatigue and *ahem* lack of fiber are correlated. I figured that out sometime in 2005. I think I mentioned some of that in this post.
Charles is done with his residency! *cue Hallelujah chorus* Things should become more normal again and we can actually work on all our family goals we've had on the back-burner this last year. Last Friday was his end of residency dinner- semi-formal. You know I love me a chance to get fancy schmancy so everyone can whisper, "Wow, that's Charles' wife?" I kid...kinda.
Back to Charles- I don't fully understand everything he does at work, obviously. Sometimes he comes home and says things like, "If you saw what I did at work today you would have died." Some of those things have included: assisting a patient with an impacted bowel, a large obese woman with gangrene who had maggots in her hospital bed, crazy surgeries with blood squirting all over the operating room, etc. I'm not one of those people that likes gross things so I don't ask for details unless my curiosity is really piqued, which rarely happens on the topic of maggots and the like. Hey, that's why I didn't go into the medical field. Because he's right, I would die.
![]() |
| He's all grown-up :) |
So, it was really meaningful to have his co-workers come up to me at the dinner and say things like, "Charles is an outstanding pharmacist. He's a really hard-worker. We're so glad he's staying on. He's our favorite resident." And then to hear them talk about the research projects they've worked on all year and how much his research benefited the hospital and their protocol. I am one proud wife.
Sadly, we didn't have anyone take pics of us. But, Charles snapped this one of me when we got home.
To celebrate his 2 weeks off (his first vacation in over a year) he went with the scouts on a 50 mile hike up the Applachian trail. He loves backpacking and hasn't done it for years so it was perfect timing for him. I'm happy he got to go.
Tomorrow the kids and I leave to meet up with him in Asheville, NC and then we're off to DC to sight-see and visit Cath AND eat Cafe Rio. Can not tell you how excited I am for that!!! Then down to camp on the beach on the Outer Banks. Yay for beach camping- one of my fave things I haven't done since 1999? And then we'll visit Ev and Mike in Raleigh and then back home.







7 comments:
Congrats to you and Charles! So cool to have the title of Dr. :) On a side note, you are such a pretty mom!
You're haircut is super cute!! So glad you are feeling better; have fun on your trip and congrats to Charles!!
Hooray! It all sounds wonderful. I'm so happy for you that this phase is over. Hope you have a wonderful vacation and get to really relax.
you look great! and congrats to charles on officially becoming dr. jensen :)
Love you, my beautiful friend! So glad you are feeling better!
You look awesome. I love the dress. And I love that you're done. Being sick and the residency!!! Congrats.
I didn't know you were pregnant!! Congrats!! I know just how you feel, with the sickness thing. Glad you are feeling a little better. You look great, by the way! :)
Post a Comment