I'm working on updating the blog. It's taking forever. Disneyworld, our cruise, DC, Outer Banks camping..
But, just real quick I wanted to write how grateful I am for Azure. She has done the dishes every day this week without being asked. She genuinely likes doing it. Crazy! 80% of the time the dishes are spotless. I rarely have to re-wash. For someone who doesn't like doing the dishes this is a HUGE blessing!
I love age 5! Love! I really feel like I've hit the jackpot with Azure. I feel undeserving of her a lot of times. I hate that I lose my temper with her sometimes for just being a child. She acts so much like a mature adult sometimes that I forget how old she really is.
Saturday while Charles and Vince were napping I took Azure grocery shopping with me. I debated just going alone but, wanted her company. Usually I am all for going grocery shopping alone, I can get more done, quicker. But, I was pleasantly surprised to find out that taking her with me proved to be an enormous help and I was actually faster than had I gone alone! What?!
In the produce section Azure read my list to me and I ran around bagging all the fruits and vegetables she called out. As I placed them in the cart, she crossed off the items. What a time saver!
My journey through motherhood so far has been dealing with small children. We've just hit a new stage of life. She is no longer a small child- at least not mentally. I really like this new stage!
I was overcome with gratitude for her as I reflected on this experience later on. Maybe it's the pregnancy hormones, but really I am always emotional let's be honest. She is truly one of my best friends and I can only hope and pray that I can be as good to her as she is to me.





7 comments:
Haley loved doing dishes at that age, too. She still likes doing the dishes, but Quentin is in charge of handwashing and I take care of the dishwasher, so she usually asks every few months if she can wash some. I know I was very grateful that Haley was home with me when I had Logan (she would have been going in to Kindergarten). It was so nice to have an extra set of hands. Her most frequent assignment (other than snagging me diaper pieces)? Playing with Logan in his crib when he woke up from his nap so I could finish some work on the computer. I'd find him getting slowly buried as Haley brought him more toys when he (or she) tired of what she'd already brought him.
That is so sweet! I can imagine it would be such a fun age... I think 4-5 might be my favorite. we will find out... :)
What a blessing! She sounds like a special girl :). I hate that I lose my temper with my kids sometimes (esp Spencer) too because really, they're just kids! Sometimes the scoldings are completely valid :) but I've learned that MOST of the time its just me being impatient. Thanks for the post, needed the reminder that I need to be more grateful for my 5 year old.
I'll always hold a special place for Azure in my heart. Tell her Cassie Pants says hello please!!!
That's awesome. I'm so glad for you that Azure is a helpful sidekick, and when you're pregnant is a great time to have a helpful sidekick!
She sure is growing up fast! I love it when they start helping ;)
Awesome!!! I love it. You so deserve it.
Post a Comment