As of last week Vince is down to nursing once a day (at bedtime). In the mornings he cries for milk; signs it and says, "Mik!" but he seems to be satisfied with a cup of milk.
He can say "up" now very clearly. He calls certain kinds of balls, "bops". Whenever we go to pick up Daddy from St. Joe's, as if on cue Vince will ecstatically say, "Dada!" while looking like he is going to burst at the thought of seeing his father and then as soon as we get within sight of the sphere shaped objects hanging on the telephone line he exclaims, "BOP" emphasizing the B and the P. After about 5 weeks of this every day without fail, it is now a common word in our vocabulary and if the conversation ever lulls Charles or I will exclaim, "BOP!" and laughter ensues. I LOVE us!
Ward 50's Dance
Vince loves to grab pens out of our pen box by the computer and scribble on stuff. Mostly the table or books rather than paper. He also tried marking on the walls too. I smell trouble with this one.
"Don't knock down my tower, Vince!"
Azure and Vince usually play quite nicely together. I was just thinking how much I will miss Azure next year when she starts kindergarten because she entertains Vince so well and helps me around the house all day. I will try to enjoy it while I can.
This has been a pretty good week but, whenever those moments come when Vince is screaming and banging on the bathroom door for the whole duration of my "potty break", or Azure has a complete melt down because she can't find any clean jammies in her drawer when I ask her to get dressed after her bath, or more drama from she-who-shall-not-be-named and I think I'm going to lose my mind, I am trying to remember 3 really awesome things that will be happening in the next few weeks.
1) My friend Amie is getting married and she has asked me to be her escort through the temple. My first Sunday in this ward was also her first Sunday ever attending the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and we sat next to each other in Relief Society. She even came to Azure's 1st birthday party 3 weeks after we moved to Savannah. She got baptized in October 2008 and now she's getting married and receiving her endowment! She has grown so much in the church and I am thrilled to be able to go through the Atlanta temple with her next Saturday!
2) Also involves the temple! My best friend Evelyn is getting sealed next month in the Raleigh, NC temple. Our other roommate Catherine is also coming down from DC to be there. Imagining being in that sealing room with Ev and Mike at the altar and with all of Ev's family (who I just adore!) and Catherine and (hopefully) my own eternal companion makes my heart so incredibly happy that I feel like I'm going to burst!!! I can get through the worst days if I just hold onto how happy that moment is going to be. Gaaaahhhhh! Definitely gonna have to bust out the waterproof mascara!
3) My sister and brother-in-law are coming to visit us for a whole week! And. And they are staying in a time share at our favorite beach in Hilton Head. It is going to be SO much fun. I can't wait.
Yay for Fall, and family, and friends, and the beach, and the temple :)











4 comments:
Yay, for vacation! I'm super excited to see you guys!!!
Sounds like a ton of fun. Boys are definitely more mischievous than girls (at least mine are)... probably because their physical skills outpace their verbal skills (the opposite of girls). You will definitely miss Azure when she goes to school. Haley is so helpful to me during the day and when we run errands.
It's always good having things to look forward to, especially when the kiddos decide to go A-wall. Gotta love them. Vince sounds like he is doing so many fun things. I love this stage with Abs right now, and I wouldn't trade it!
SOOO happy for Eveylyn. :)
And Amie, even though I don't know her. And Natalie & Angel coming. Good times. :)
Post a Comment