Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, September 30, 2011

The Family Proclamation

I have yet to mention the Family Proclamation Celebration that went on again this year as September is the month of it's anniversary.

And since today is the last day of September I figured I better hurry and post this.

September 29 is a special day in our family history. My Papa, Rocco Joseph Gulino was born in 1928. I remember him reading the Bible, specifically the New Testament, every morning. As a child this had a big impact on me. I credit part of my early search for religion in my life to watching him read the scriptures consistently. He is a good man.

On September 29, 1979 my parents were married. I always thought it was so cool that they had gotten married on my Papa's birthday. I used to tell my Mom when I was little that I wanted to be married on her birthday. Even though that didn't happen, I did have Azure the day before her birthday.


(when Charles and I were engaged I wrote DML+CSJ on this copy of the Family Proclamation. hee, hee)

On September 29, 2005 Charles and I told each other that we loved each other for the very first time. I remember that night vividly. It was a cool, crisp autumn night in Provo. I had shared with him a couple verses in 2 Corinthians Chapter 12. Specifically 9 & 10. Later we chose it as our wedding scripture.

A couple weeks ago we started writing our Family Mission Statement for Family Home Evening. We still haven't finished but, the spirit was strong even though the children were screaming and running around. It was a confirmation that what we are doing is important. That writing a mission statement, making goals as a family, and working towards them is important and the Lord's will for us.

I know The Family: A Proclamation to the World is an inspired document written by prophets and apostles. I know that all the words contained therein are true and is God's will. Oh, how I love that document.

We are far from perfect. We yell. We constantly make mistakes. But, I love us! And I want this print hanging up in our living room.

Happy Conference weekend. We are looking forward to a yummy breakfast tomorrow morning :)

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I love the Proclamation to the World on the Family. LOVE it! Fun post.