Last night Vince pooped in the tub while he and Azure were bathing. Charlie may or may not have volunteered to clean up the mess. He was joking with Azure after we got them both bathed in our tub and kept asking her what he should use to clean out the poop. He kept suggesting using some of her toys to which she screamed, "Nooooo! That's mine, you can't use that." And Charles would reply, "I know! Let's use this," while grabbing another toy of hers. This continued for about 5 mins until he picked up an old Mario Bros. horned frog type character that used to be his as a child that he had given her. Azure started to say her rehearsed no, but stopped and said, "Yeah. That would be a great idea, since it's yours!" It was SO funny.
Yesterday as we were driving back from Vince's 18 mo check up Azure said from the backseat: "3+4=7. And 5+2=7. How can they both equal 7?" I was shocked! We have not spent that much time doing math together at all. I remember very vividly the moment I learned how to add. It was when I was in kindergarten, about 5.5 yrs old. I had some homework and I couldn't figure it out. I asked my Dad to help me. As he was explaining, the concept finally clicked in my head and I figured it out. I have always been horrible at math. It makes me happy that she is figuring out a concept at the age of 4 that I did at 5.5. Hopefully she will be much better at math than I am!
Then today I am menu planning and can't get to the store until after dinner which means we're eating out. I asked Azure where she'd like to eat. She said,
"It ends with filet. Can you guess?"
"Chick-fil-A?"
Super excited and proud: "Yep! That's right Mommy! You guessed it! Great job! I want to eat at Chick-Fil-A." I'm feeling pretty good about myself today :) I love my cub. She drives me crazy sometimes but, she truly fills my life with so much joy and laughter.




3 comments:
Just like my cub used to drive me crazy but now that she's gone I appreciate her even more...
Haha-- Jared teases Eva THE EXACT SAME WAY about stuff like that! Jared and Charles were meant for each other. Way to go Azure on the math-- Eva's starting to get it too and it's really exciting to see a kid learn. I never realized how that would be one of the coolest perks of parenthood.
Does she know that Aunt Tally and Uncle Angel met while working at Chickfila?? =)
Post a Comment