I have about 7-11 days left! To make things fun please vote on our new poll to the right. To help you make an educated guess, Azure weighed 7lbs 3oz and I've gained a little more with this pregnancy.

I'm sure this next week will be incredibly long as we play the waiting game for baby Vince. We have mostly everything ready. The car seat is clean and ready to be installed, we just have to do it. His bassinet is all set up in our room. We bought a dresser for his clothes and they are all washed in Dreft ready to go. (I know Dreft isn't completely necessary, I just love the smell) We got our carpets cleaned and have been organizing the house and getting rid of unnecessary junk.
I am planning on having a VBAC (Vaginal Birth After Cesarean) and using hypnobabies like I did with Azure. I am grateful I found a doula who I trust. I feel she'll be a great help to us through my birthing time. Though Azure's birth experience was pretty traumatic for me, the Lord has given me many opportunities to help empower other women have the births that they really wanted. Knowing that I have helped them, helps make my traumatic experience worth it. The Lord works in amazing ways!
Though I hope things will go more as planned this time around, I put my full trust in the Lord, knowing that He knows my needs better than I think I do.




8 comments:
Wow, I can't believe baby Vince is coming so soon. I really wish I could be there =(
He'll be here before you know it! How exciting! My birth experience with Lily was pretty difficult as well. With Cortland it was completely different. My mindset was different - I was prepared and calm for whatever was to come. And it sounds like that is how you are right now, too. I used hypnobabies, too, and loved it.
Can't wait to see pictures of little Vince!
Oooh, can't believe it's so close. 7-11 days. That's pretty precise. Are they inducing you at 12 days or something? Hope you get the birth experience you are looking for this time. :)
I'd love more details (like, serious details) on Hypnobabies after this birth. I did Hypnobirthing with Haley, and I think it didn't do much other than alleviate fear about having a natural birth, because once I was in labor, I didn't do any of the cues or listen to the CDs or anything. I was too busy working hard! With Julian, I just reread all my birthing books and worked through it again. (Though, I swear, neither time did I scream out in pain... it was tough, but manageable.) Quentin wants me to do Hypnobabies (I mentioned it to him after I read Maile's birth story) because he says I need to relax more (all the time, he means, not necessarily during labor LOL).
You look awesome! We're so excited for you and are so happy for you and your family. We're praying that things go smoothly and you're able to have the birth you desire.
Your post reminded me of how much you helped Josh and me as we prepared for Stephen's birth. I am so glad to have you for a friend and for all the support you gave us. I hope we can do the same for you now.
You look gorgeous!! Good luck staying sane waiting for his arrival and can't wait to hear his story!
All those little boy close, so cute! I hope you get the birth you have always wanted!
You look great Deanna! Hard to believe you gained MORE weight with this pregnancy because you seem so small to me.
Good luck with the VBAC. I am so scared for labor this time around because I am trying for a VBAC too. Like you said, though, the Lord will do what He feels is best for us. :)
Can't wait to hear news of the little one! We hope and pray all goes well!
Post a Comment