Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Finally back home

On our last day of road trippin' we stopped in Nashville and saw the temple, making that a total of 19 temples that we saw/drove past on our trip. We stopped in Chattanooga, TN for lunch and saw some sites before heading home.It was so fun to see Azure's reaction as we turned into our complex. "Azure's house!" She exclaimed. When we opened the door, she walked into her room and said, "Azure's room, Azure's toys, Azure's crib, Azure's potty..." It was so cute. She was happy to be home. We were happy to be home. Sleeping in a different hotel room every night for a week was getting a little old.

After a few nights home, we pulled out her big girl bed. Not just the mattress this time, but the whole package, including the bed frame. We left her crib out just so she had the option of sleeping in it if she wanted to. She hasn't gone back. She's done very well in it. She looks like a real person now sleeping with a full sized pillow and adult sized sheets. I was a little teary eyed as I snapped these photos realizing she's not a baby anymore. Good thing we have another one on the way, because I am getting baby hungry again :)


Me at 15 weeks

Since we've been home we've gone swimming a few times in our pool and also at the YMCA. They have a fun splash park area and a 2 foot toddler pool that Azure loves because she can stand up in the deep end. Though, we do have scattered thundershowers practically everyday and when there's thunder, they close the pool. Just our luck and impeccable timing, whenever we decide it's a swimming day, it starts thundering about 10 mins after we arrive at the pool.

Last Saturday we decided to go to Hilton Head, SC, about a 45 min drive from here. It's a nice resort town and has one of the nicest public beaches I've seen, and I've been to my fair share of public beaches being from CA. Lucky for us, it actually didn't rain while we were there. It was sunny and nice. We bought a beach umbrella, got new sand toys for Azure (since we left ours on our Key West trip), packed a lunch and snacks, and were having a great time.
That's when it happened. All 3 of us went to play in the water. I was on one side of Azure, and Charles was on the other. We swung her over the waves as they came and she laughed with delight. Azure suddenly cried out, "Owie! Hurts! Pie! (foot)" I grabbed her to look at her foot, when I felt the wretched sting on my leg, then legs. Jellyfish. Yep. Hurts. Owie. Big owie. I carried her as I ran to shore to the lifeguard tower so he could spray our owies with vinegar and ammonia. It helped initially. Azure cried for about 5 mins and then was okay. Luckily it got her on just the top part of her right foot.
Charles came out unscathed, but I was the main victim of the jellyfish attack.



These pictures were taken a little over an hour after the incident, so the swelling had come down some. Azure's picture was taken almost 7 hours later so her's doesn't look that bad at all. After about 2 hours the pain went down considerably.

But, we did not let this ruin our day! We ate at a delicious pizza place that we can't wait to go back to, shopped at the outlets on SC's tax free weekend and scored some great deals on Fall outfits for Azure, and some maternity capris for me. And last but not least, we got this Weezer CD for free. One of my and Charles' all time faves.All in all, it was a good day.

7 comments:

Aunt Tally said...

Man, that dang jellyfish! Azure looks so cute in her big girl bed. You look so cute pregnant. I miss you so much. I wish I could go to the beach with you guys. I would love to play with my little cub. I love your hat on Charles! ha ha

Stefani M. said...

Ooh, that jellyfish sting sounds REALLY painful. Hope that doesn't happen again.

adriandgreg said...

Gosh Deanna! I haven't checked out your blog for awhile. I have totally been missing out! You look great with your prego belly! Your daughter is super cute. I love the videos you have up. What a smart girl. I also love your sweet testimony you wrote as you talked about your trip across the country. You are such a good missionary-still! I miss you!

Anonymous said...

Good CD. One of my favorites as well. Azure is growing up! Wow wow! Those are some gnarly jelly stings! I wish we could be there and hang with you guys.

Allison Holmes said...

Yay for Weezer!! LOve them :)
And Boo for stupid jellyfish! I know what that feels like (I got stung on my arm in Hawaii) and it is certainly NO fun!

Sarah said...

Welcome home! So glad to hear about all your adventures. Sorry about the jellyfish though. Yikes! I can't believe that Azure is in a big girl bed... that is great she has adjusted so well. One less thing to worry about for the baby transition.

Just Me said...

Ouch that really looks like it hurt! What fun to be experiencing a different part of the country for this time in your life. We were holed up in the middle of nowhere! Seriously The closest "big" cities were Amarillo and Midland...no fun there! Except some watermelon fries!!!