This is the first time it's really hit me that she's just not a baby anymore and that she's gonna keep on growing...
Welcome to our blog! Here we'll share all our fun stories and adventures with our crazy children.
Wednesday, December 24, 2008
The end of an era
I know most of you already thought Azure was weaned from nursing after the Hawaii trip, but we started back up as soon as I returned. Our car accident in July also made things difficult. It was hard to nurse with a cast on but, we both enjoyed it so much that we kept at it. Sometime in September I think, we were down to just 1 feeding a day, in the mornings. I enjoyed it because it was only once and she is so cute and serene when she wakes up. I think I can say that those 5 mins every morning were some of my favorites of the day.

Two weekends ago I had to skip 2 mornings in a row of nursing her. On the 3rd day she was just not interested anymore. I have kept trying every morning since but, to no avail. So, Azure is now officially weaned. I couldn't help but, cry as I sat there in the glider thinking that this was it, that I would never nurse my baby again. I have come to similiar cross roads with her before as I would pack away old clothes that are too small, but this has been the hardest thus far. 
This is the first time it's really hit me that she's just not a baby anymore and that she's gonna keep on growing...
This is the first time it's really hit me that she's just not a baby anymore and that she's gonna keep on growing...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




3 comments:
What a tender post. I love hearing your mommy thoughts...I'm sure it is kind of bitter-sweet to watch Azure growing up fast!
Oh, I'm so glad you were able to nurse her after your trip! I love nursing my babies, and I, too, was sad when I finally weaned Haley at 13 months... which I only did because I knew it would break my heart when SHE didn't want to nurse anymore (and at that point she was indifferent, so there were no tears on her part). In a few months, Julian's time will be over. *sniff, sniff* It's hard to let go of your "baby" and realize that they're growing up. Time for another one! (Just kidding... but just thinking about it makes ME want another one.)
I almost cried reading your post. So sad because you can't ever go back. :( You wish they could stay small forever, but then they are so fun with all their new tricks! BTW great dress!
Post a Comment