1) Go to Babies R Us by yourself and be male.
2) Ask if you can buy the already assembled floor model rainforest model swing, complete with steel-drum jungle beats, toucan, monkey, and poison frog mobile.
3) Drive a 1986 Honda Accord LXI, and as you are buying the pre-assembled swing, think to yourself: "I'll figure out how to fit it in my car when I get out there."
4) Carry the apparatus in full view of the public out to your car.
5) Attempt to fit the awkwardly-shaped pacification device in your Japanese sedan.
6) Fail repeatedly at step 5
7) Forget to wear a belt the day steps 1-6 are performed.
Luckily, I found a button that collapsed the whole contraption and finally got the thing home. There are no pictures of the new swing to date, out of respect for the old swing. But here is a picture that finally answers definitively the question "who does Azure look like?"




5 comments:
umm...If she were wearing Deanna's glasses I don't think I'd know which beautiful girl I was looking at! I'm glad you were finally able to get the swing home. I don't think Deanna would've allowed you back in the house with out it! And I'm glad you found the standard collapse button. The assembly instructions generally mention that one! I'm happy for you that you didn't have to go through the whole assembly process though. Was someone waiting for your parking spot? That would have made the occasion much more joyus!
Helllloooooooo? where is the pic of me and my azzz bear? How sad. Well I have plenty of pics of the new swing if ya want em
Great story - I shared it with fellow prisoners in the carrels and they all got a kick out of it too (they're also dads, so maybe such stories strike home).
Lol!! That is the funniest thing ever! I really loved reading it. Have you (well Azur) loved the swing? It's great, I'm so glad we could help you out with that. I'm glad you figured out how to make it smaller and fit it in the car.
Yah, I loved this story. Gee Charles, you tell it so well.
Post a Comment