*Are you wanting a baby update? Wish me luck in trying to catch up before Zeke comes!*
I became a soccer mom at the end of September. Azure had practices on Tuesdays and games every Saturday. That's about 3 hrs a week of soccer. She amazed us all and scored 6 goals in her first game! She definitely has a knack for the sport so we plan on putting her in every year until she changes her mind. Though, she did need a little coaxing from us in the beginning. She was afraid to play this year b/c she was going to have games and feared she wouldn't do well. This was part of our determination talk.
She hustled at every game. Some kids would just walk or slightly jog. Azure sprinted. She was intense. It was awesome for me and Charles to see her out on the field. Joy in our posterity :)

We
talked about switching between art/creative classes and sports. Right
before this Azure took 4 wks of violin and seemed to like it. I think
we'll pick it back up in a few years. I don't think she's ready (or me
either, let's be honest) for intense practicing of an instrument and the
violin is pretty serious. Now, that soccer is over we might start piano
lessons or do some more art lessons in Jan. We definitely only want to do one
lesson at a time. We don't want to overschedule our children. It's going
to be a delicate balance I'm sure, once the other children get older
and start lessons of their own.We were really touched when 2 of Azure's friends showed up at her game to support her. Obviously, we don't have any family here and no grandparents or aunts or uncles or cousins have ever seen her play soccer. We have been blessed this last year to have the Bryces and Saavedras as our family here. We love them so much!
![]() |
| And I love this little guy! |
![]() |









3 comments:
She is too cute and getting so big!! Love her :)
Azure does look intense, Papa says he could see it in her eyes. And you got to be kidding about the Charles Jensen guy, that's so funny.
I loved looking through all these pics. Looks like she had fun. I am glad you have a "family" there too. Makes a big difference, right?
Post a Comment