Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, December 10, 2012

Field Trip Fun

We have deemed Thursdays as our field trip days for homeschool. Back in Sept. we went to Publix, our grocery store of choice, for a tour. I was really impressed with the employees. They did a wonderful job and gave us a ton of free food! Charles said we should go around to different grocery stores every week saying we're on a field trip just to get free groceries ;)


In October we visited the Tybee lighthouse museum. What a spectacular view from the top! With no mountains here you never get an "aerial" view of the city so it's really awe-inspiring to actually get one. It makes me really appreciate living on the coast, esp since I'm a coastal girl at heart :)

Last month we finally visited the Juliette Gordon Low birthplace museum. She was the founder of the girl scouts and was born and raised in Savannah. Every Spring thousands of girl scouts come out here to visit the museum so we thought we might as well too, since we live here. Azure and I read the book, "Daisy and the Girl Scouts" back in May so it was fun to go to her house together- just the 2 of us. Juliette (Daisy) was a talented woman who never had children of her own. But, she was the mother of Girl Scouts and has influenced millions of young girls and lives. Her life story is inspiring.

While there, I received the revelation that one day I will be a tour guide. I am excited for that :)

There have been other numerous field trips but, they are not all documented with the camera. Our most recent field trip was last Thursday to see the gingerbread house display at the Westin. Then we took the ferry across the river and played on River St. with Theresa and Emily V and co.

No comments: