Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, October 25, 2012

Vincey growing up

Today Vince all on his own pointed to my belly and said, "Mommy, that's your baby in dair?"

"Yes! It's the baby. Do you know his name? What's the baby's name?"

"Baby Zete."

It was so cute! And yes, we're 99.9% decided that the baby is Zeke (Ezekiel). Still not sure about a middle name.
They always ask me to take a picture of them sitting on the couch
Reading "Winnie the Pooh"

He has finally taken a liking to Letter Factory! Azure started watching it around 14 months so she could recite the whole alphabet right after turning 2. We tried getting Vince excited about watching it but, he's resisted until about 6 wks ago. He can now sing the whole alphabet- though there is an occasional mix up. He can also say what sound each letter makes with about 95% accuracy.

For those of you who know me intimately well, you might have noticed that I do a strange thing with my hands when I talk to myself and/or get excited. I have done it since childhood and still do it today. Vince has picked this up from me and I LOVE it! You can see him kind of doing it as I pour honey on his pancake in the above pic- sweet treats always excite him.

And he can count to 11 now too! Sometimes he remembers that 12 comes next and sometimes not. He also knows most of his colors. That was slow going for awhile but, it's all suddenly clicked for him. It is so fun to see his neurons connecting. I love this stage of rapid mental growth!

During Conference weekend he fell out of his crib for the first time trying to climb out so we took his mattress out and he's now sleeping on it on the floor. It works for now until we decide how we're going to situate sleeping arrangements once Zeke needs the crib.
As you can see, he doesn't always stay on his bed
He calls cereal "sirs". I bought some different flavors of Chex "sirs" when they were on sale. After waking up one morning, he told me he wanted "the pie one sirs". Of course, I didn't know what he was referring to, so I had to pull them all out and ask which one he wanted. It happened to be the apple cinnamon Chex. "Pie one sirs" is now a common phrase in our household spoken by me and Charles because it is just too funny to not say.

We start swimming lessons next week! It's his first lesson/class of any kind. He's well overdue for one. Azure is upset that she has to sit and watch me and Vince swim in the pool. I think it'll be good for her. I've explained that Vince has had to just sit and watch her play soccer for 2 yrs now along with art lessons, and theater camp, gymnastics, etc.
My sweet boy brushing my hair :) He has a fetish with hair. He always asks to touch mine ("Mommy, you have some brown hairs") and twirls his own to fall asleep at night.

Dress up! I think she looks like her Gma here.


6 comments:

Sarah said...

So. Darn. Cute!

Aunt Tally said...

They are too cute! We need to meet up half way somewhere!

Michelle said...

I love Vince's blonde curly hair. He totally looks like a little surfer dude, so cute!

Jorgene said...

Thanks for letting me know about the photos and the one that you think looks like me. I couldn't see it at first. All of a sudden Azure reminded me of me in the photo you or Charlie took of me, Bill, Vince and Azure sitting on the love seat in your house last May. Thanks, Deanna.


Sarah said...

I love these great snapshots. I love when my kids start acting up for the camera. They can be so silly! I can totally see my Aunt Jo in that photo of Azure too.

Cassie said...

He is getting big!!