Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, June 11, 2012

The latest and greatest

Big news around here folks.

First, Charles finally found a job. We've been looking for months now. He was offered a special position here in Savannah at the hospital he's been doing his residency at. Special because it's 2 separate part-time jobs formed into one with benefits. Yay! Apparently the Lord wants us to stay in Savannah as much as we've tried to leave. But, it's ok, we like Savannah. We don't love it, but we are excited to stay!

Second, because we are staying here for probably at least 4 more years- we are going to buy our first home! We have a lot to learn but, home ownership is something I've been looking forward to since the beginning of our marriage.

Third, we got to hear our baby's heartbeat this morning. There's something so sacred and reassuring about that sound. Hearing the heartbeat helps me to start feeling bonded to the baby. Because I'm always so sick at the beginning it's hard for me to bond and feel that I'm really pregnant, more like I just have a debilitating disease.

I'm feeling slightly better. Hopefully soon blogging will be more regular again.

6 comments:

Sarah said...

Great news about the job and the baby!!! Have fun house shopping...that is very exciting!!

Aunt Tally said...

Big changes for the Jensens this year!

Cassie said...

Oh yes! I have been thinking about you and praying everything would work out for you guys! I am so happy for you. Congrats! It is nice to have answers finally set in stone. I am sure you are relieved. :)

Maren B said...

Congratulations on all three! House shopping is so fun. Hope Charlie likes his job and you are feeling well again soon.

Ruth said...

Woohoo!! I'm so glad for you guys. So grateful. :)

Jamie said...

I can't believe she's 5 already! Wow! What a sweetheart. :)