Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, October 8, 2011

Chub-Chubba

I didn't have a too specific plan for weaning Vince but, I decided to not nurse him to sleep on Sept. 28. He went to sleep just fine without me. I wasn't sure how I was going to do physically but, surprisingly there was no engorgement whatsoever. But, the next day being Sept. 29, and a special day for previously mentioned reasons, I wanted to nurse him one last time to sleep on this day.

I say "nurse him to sleep" though he rarely falls asleep nursing anymore unless he is really tired. Well, that night he was really tired and he fell asleep nursing in my arms. I felt it was a tender mercy- that is one of my most favorite things about nursing. Our last time was indeed very special and sacred to me. And of course, I wept. 20 months and he is weaned!
At Azure's soccer practice
He calls most fruits "ah-po"s (apple). I love the way he says that. He also calls out Azure's name in frustration frequently. At church a little boy took a toy from him and he screamed, "Azure!" I just had to laugh because he obviously didn't know the boy's name and since Azure is usually the only one that does that to him, it's just second nature to scream her name in frustration!


I can't tell you how many times I've kissed those cheeks, and those lips, and that nose, and forehead!


Such a happy boy!
He is the sweetest little boy. He comes up to me multiple times a day with puckered lips making kissing sounds and reaches up for my lips. He grabs on tightly to my legs when he reaches me after running away from Azure. Though sometimes it drives me crazy that he is such a mama's boy, I do love it. It won't be long before he thinks it's gross to kiss his mama. I love my little man!

3 comments:

Aunt Tally said...

I can't believe how BIG he has gotten. I hope he warms up to us when we visit.

Sarah said...

Love it! Ah, sooo cute.

Aunt Tally said...

He is too cute. Azure's hair looks like its getting darker