Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, July 1, 2011

Summer 2011 Fun List

It's summa-time!

One of my favorite things to do as a kid was make a summer to-do list every summer. I've usually kept it up but, realized that I've skipped making one the last few years! To mend this atrocity I am now publicly posting our list on the blog.

  • Go to a waterpark- CHECK (We went to Summer Waves on Jekyll Island. So fun! No pics :(
  • Ride bikes on Tybee- CHECK (We did this on May 21 to celebrate our sealing day, an extension of our anniversary. A new family tradition!)
  • Go to the Georgia Sea Turtle Museum-CHECK (This was a double whammy right after Summer Waves since they're only a mile apart)
  • Make a summer treat for our neighbors
  • Beach trips to Tybee and Hilton Head- So far Tybee 6 HH 0
  • Berry picking then making homemade ice cream from said berries
  • Sing "America, The Beautiful" in Sacrament to celebrate Independence Day with 2 of my beautiful voiced friends- CHECK
  • Splash in the pool in our backyard- CHECK
  • Play in the water at Hull Park- CHECK
  • Play in the water at Forsyth Park
  • Take a trolley tour downtown- CHECK (Did this with Miah & Trini)
  • Take a romantic evening stroll downtown through the squares sin chillens- CHECK (part of our anniversary date)
  • Have monthly girls' night outs (Jen, Cassie & I had our first one eating frozen yogurt and shopping at Bed, Bath, & Beyond last week. I love girls' night!)
  • Have a "sleepover" with Azure in our living room. Watch a movie, eat yummy treats, build a fort and sleep in it all together.
  • Make homemade popsicles
  • Go bowling
  • Have a waterballoon fight 
  • Go swimming in the pool on post with the Coopers- CHECK 
 
  • Go to the children's $1 matinee with the kidlets. Azure still has yet to see a movie in the theater yet!- CHECK
      This list is still in progress. What do you plan to do this summer? I need more ideas to add to our list! Please share. Happy Summer!

        3 comments:

        Sarah said...

        I have been thinking of making a summer fun list. Maybe next year I will. We already have lots of fun things planned for this summer.

        Aunt Tally said...

        Play with Aunt Tally? ;)

        Bonnie said...

        cool ideas! We used to go living room camping, kinda like your sleep over. Tent and sleeping bags in the living room! It was especially fun when the power was out.