I give thanks for this beautiful girl who keeps me laughing daily.

Last night she thought 3am was a good time to wake up and crawl in our bed. She figured out how to open her door. We're currently thinking of ways to solve this problem. She continued to go back and forth from our bed to hers until at 4am she announced that she was hungry for lunch! So, we both had a snack and I tried to put her back down to bed. As much as I could be upset or annoyed that she kept me up so much, I couldn't because she was in such a happy mood, with a great big smile saying, "Hi, mommy!" as our eyes adjusted to the light being turned on. How could I be upset? I taught her the song "Good Morning" from Singing in the Rain and it's her new favorite. She sings it so well, I'm impressed. I think she was a little too excited about the morning :) Around 6am she cried for more milk. I guess she's trying to get me ready for being up with Vince all night in a few months.
I give thanks for a husband who adores me despite my weaknesses. And who is forgiving, loving, and kind.

I give thanks for the gospel of Jesus Christ. Today is my 11 year anniversary of being baptized. As I look back over the last 11 years, I'm overwhelmed with the blessings I have received in that time. So much good has come from that decision, mostly the two previous blessings I've already mentioned.

I am grateful to be a mother again to baby Vince soon. I'm grateful that I will have a son. I look forward to him receiving the Priesthood; to the time when he will bless the sacrament for the first time; when he and his daddy can lay their hands upon my head and give me a blessing; when he will serve as a missionary.
"For the joy of human love, Brother, sister, parent, child,
Friends on earth, and friends above, For all gentle thoughts and mild,
Lord of all, to thee we raise This our hymn of grateful praise."
4 comments:
Happy Anniversary. It seems incredible that it's been that long already. The years of waiting are even starting to seem short compared to the years you've been baptized.
I'm grateful for you as part of my life. And for your love of your family--it's inspiring.
I love that Azure wanted to have lunch in the middle of the night. She's so clever. :) Happy anniversary on your baptism! You are such a great example to me, Dee!
What a nice little thankful list. And you are such a good mom- I would be so frustrated with an early, early riser. But you do make it sound kind of fun...
There is much in life to be grateful for. Thanks for that reminder. :) And also... Happy 11th anniversary!
Post a Comment