Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, November 21, 2009

Funny Stuff

Potty-training update: Chocolate chips have proven to be quite the successful motivator in getting Azure to poop on the potty. She has previously received stickers for relieving herself of any sort. But, when she started hiding behind doors and then telling me, "Mommy, I went poop", I knew we needed something even cooler than stickers.

Yesterday after going pee, she said, "Yay! Now I get chocolate!" "No," I exclaimed. "You only get chocolate for going poop. You can get a sticker for going pee." So, she plops right back down on the potty, pushes a bit, produces a rabbit pellet sized turd and then says, "Yay! Chocolate!" I know this is a bit graphic, but, it's so dang hilarious that I must share :)

Then again today she did something similar. After pooping in her underwear, I asked her why she didn't let me know beforehand that she had to go. Then I explained that she wouldn't be getting any chocolate. So, again she sat on the potty and pushed the rest of the poop out. "See Mommy? Look. I went poop in the potty. I need some chocolate." The laughs never stop.

Take a look at this crazy ensemble...
Last night we got back late from the temple and consequently all went to bed very late. Azure woke up at 7:30 this morning. I told her that I was still really tired and needed to sleep longer. I asked her if she would go back to sleep with me in my bed. To my delight, she said yes. I was somewhat skeptical but, she fell back asleep right away and so did I. We didn't wake up until 10:30. It was so nice :) We both really needed it. Poor Daddy had to work early this morning and didn't get to sleep in with us. We appreciate his sacrifices!

Posted by Picasa
Me with 3 of my Laurels at the temple :)

I got my hair cut finally. It had been 7 months. It hasn't taken me that long between cuts for years. I've been struggling to find a stylist that's affordable and skilled. I finally just decided to go to the lady that cut my hair the last time, even though she's expensive. So, here's my new do. She did cut an extra layer at the top that I didn't want, so it kind of looks 80'sesque (though you can't tell in this pic).
30.5 weeks

8 comments:

Aunt Tally said...

I love Azure's little outfit. And she sure is smart. I'd poop for chocolate too! ha ha

Stefani M. said...

Have you seen Haley's outfit she put together on my blog? Our little girls and their fashion sense!

That is so funny about the potty training. Julian loves gumballs, so that's what we try to bribe him with (though he doesn't understand that he should PRODUCE something before he gets it). Oh, well. While Quentin's off from work this week, we're letting him run around in underwear or nothing on bottom so that he can get the idea of releasing on command (because he's got the holding it part down PAT).

I've got an appointment to chop my hair on Tuesday. The hair-cutting bug is in the air (another one of my friends chopped hers yesterday morning).

Kassi said...

Love the hair-cut! I also love Azure's crazy outfit! You are so cute pregnant. Thank you for posting a picture of you ultra cute belly!!!!!

Ruth said...

That's hilarious. Smart Azure.
And I love her outfit!

Tara said...

The best part about Azure's ensemble is her huge, adorable smile!

Emily Wing Smith said...

What exactly is it Azure's wearing on her head? No mind, I love it no matter what! She gets her killer sense of style from her mother. P.S That is a great maternity shirt--you are always sportin' the good looks.

Sarah said...

Cute belly and cute 'do. You are looking much better than I am these days... or at least how I feel!

Wendy said...

Cute! Cute poop story, cute Azure ensemble, cute haircut, cute pregnant belly! :)