I haven't worn contacts very often since Jan 2005 because it was then that my eyes starting freaking out and rebelled against UT's dry climate, so keep that in mind as I tell the rest of this story.
This morning after Azure awoke I fed her and put her in her swing which I do every morning. She plays for awhile and about 20-30 mins later she falls asleep for about 30-60 mins. While she was napping I got myself ready for the day and decided to wear my contacts since I haven't for about a month or so. Upon hearing Azure awake, I walked downstairs into her room to get her out of her swing so I could feed her again. As I opened her door and walked into her room she looked at me with a suspicious face and almost let out a cry of...stranger anxiety! I then realized she didn't know who I was because I wasn't wearing my glasses! She continued to look frightened so I reassured her it was me with my voice. When I picked her up out of the swing she pushed back to examine my face and then began palpating first my lips, then my nose and cheeks! Poor little cubby! I think part of it was because she had just woken up too and was a little groggy. It wasn't until about 10 mins later that I convinced her that I was indeed her mother!




7 comments:
That's really funny! At the beginning of the post I was thinking maybe you should go to the GA school so you can wear contacts again. But by the end I'm thinking maybe AZ should be the top pick. :)
What a silly girl! But doesn't Charles wear his glasses all the time too? I'm sure that she is very used to that look. I'm sure there were 2 things that let her know who her mommy was. I won't mention them here! It is a family blog afterall!
ha ha. That is so funny!
Azure Marie looks just like Deanna did @ this age.I can't wait to c u!
Ha! That is so funny!
My e-mail is Lori_Truman@byu.edu
We'd love to see you guys sometime!
AZ AZ AZ! You'd be closer to CA! YAY! :) That's funny she didn't recognize ya.
I am so happy for you guys with news of moving and an adorable and intelligent baby girl who knows to be wary of strangers. No matter where you move in May, Daniel and I will help you move, though I hope we can see you before then!
You guys are the greatest, and I love the pic of you and Azure reading the scriptures (well, the illustrated kind, at least.
Post a Comment