Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Settling in

April was a crazy month as well. We love our new house. Our backyard is landscaped so nicely and it is fairly large. Larger than we've ever had. We have lots of big windows that let in lots of natural light and it's glorious. We even have a sunroom :) There is a walking path behind our house that leads right to Azure's new school. Trail Wind Elementary is rated a 9 out of 10 and is less than a mile from our house. She walks to and from school everyday! What a big girl! So crazy! I'm grateful for her new sense of freedom and the time she has to ponder and pray as she walks alone. What a great time in life. This stage is truly a fulfillment of our heartfelt prayers since before Charles and I even met. How wonderful!
















Though, we are still living out of boxes. Nothing hangs on our walls as of yet. I'm struggling to find something to replace Vince's preschool. Our activities together last no longer than 20 mins usually. He still has a hard time playing independently. He usually needs me, Zeke or Azure to play with. We'll just have to wait for summer camps and then Kindergarten in Aug.


Zeke continues to be difficult. While he was staying with his grandparents, he got a bacterial infection on his finger somehow. He was on antibiotics and his fingernail recently fell off. He's all better, but the nail still looks disgusting. He has at least one tantrum a day. I'm looking into energy healing for him as it feels he has some trapped anger inside him. If anyone has any experience with that, please let me know. When he's happy he is a complete joy and his curly, blonde hair enraptures me and I am smitten with him and his sweet sounding voice. He is now saying Vince's name very clearly which I think started right before we moved at the end of March, but it wasn't until we got here that he started saying it daily.


He drove us to lunacy for about 4 weeks (last 2 wks of March and beginning of April) by taking off his diaper and flinging and smearing his feces all over the place. So badly, that we had to throw out the pack and play that I received as a gift from my freshman roommate at Azure's baby shower. He started doing it the first day he slept in the pack and play after Charles dissembled his crib back in Savannah. He continued to do it nightly on our trip out here, in the hotel and at our friend's homes. He got poop all over Cabe's carpet and his grandparent's. 

I even pinned him, but he took both pins off! We finally wised up on how to do it, so it stopped. It was a rough time cleaning up poop everyday for weeks as we were moving and trying to unpack. I completely snapped our first Sunday here in the house when he did it for the 20th time while Charles and I were napping. Sigh. So grateful our new pin technique is working and we haven't had to clean it up since that Sunday.

 
Nothing is perfect, but I feel a deep satisfaction with our current stage of life. I am madly in love with Charles with each passing day and we're working as a team to raise our children together in the gospel of Jesus Christ. Flying feces, high pitched screams, and towering boxes aside, life is good.

No comments: