Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Vince turns 5!

This time 5 years ago I was impatiently waiting for Vince to come into the world. I was anxious about having a VBAC. I'm grateful I did and got to experience it. However, after having 2 VBACS now and tearing so badly with both, a C-section recovery really isn't so bad...

Vince started preschool at the Wesley Monumental United Methodist Church downtown just one block north of Forsyth Park on Tues. Jan. 6. It is a beautiful historic building- built in 1890. It is Gothic architectural style with it's tallest spires 196 ft high. His teacher is the Primary President in our ward, Miss Becki or Sis. Riquelme, depending on the day :)

He is doing so well and I know we made the right decision to put him in. Just goes to show that every child is different and you need different things at different times. I homeschooled Azure for both preschool and Kindergarten and wouldn't have imagined that I would be putting Vince into a private preschool. It definitely helps that we are financially able to afford it, which was not an option when Azure was 4 (huge blessing).

Before preschool he was writing his capital Es with 5 or 6 lines instead of 3. I didn't make a big deal about it. It was actually kinda cute. Reminded me of some kind of arthropod. At Miss Becki's suggestion, he started making lowercase e's in his name but, they were unrecognizable. Around this same time he started having trouble writing a c, though he was doing fine before this.

I had him practice when he got home but, he still couldn't figure it out. So, we tried writing in salt to "spice" things up ;)





That did the trick for e's right away but, took another week or two to master c's. He's doing great!

Vince: "Mommy, when I'm a Dad, I'll always call you."

"Is this a deal? We can play Mario Kart 8 after we clean our room."

Saturday we had his birthday party at Forsyth Park. They recently finished a new fenced in playground and it was perfect. He requested Ninja Turtle theme. We bought pizzas from Little Ceasars, had a veggie tray, cheese sticks, mini water bottles and cake. It was fabulous. Colton and AJ came from church, and 2 other new friends from preschool- Thad and Luke. I'm so happy that he's making new friends and gaining more confidence.

The weather was a bit cold- about 50 degrees with some slight wind. And, since we set up our table in the shade it felt even colder. This has felt like an unusually cold winter for Savannah. Can't wait for it to warm up!



Age 4 has been a really big year for Vince! He’s learned to use the toilet and was completely potty trained w/ only a couple accidents a week right after turning 4. He’s learned to get himself dressed and undressed (thanks to OT), learned how to go up and down the stairs the correct way- alternating legs (thanks to PT), learned how to ride a balance bike, he learned to unbutton and button up his shirts, he learned how to buckle himself in the carseat (in Aug), still can’t unbuckle, though. Still waiting for that. He learned how to write his name! That came out of the blue, I think the first time he did it was when we were sitting in the foyer during Sacrament meeting on the magnetic writing board maybe in Aug or Sept? And, he started going to preschool! What a big boy! Such a big year for him!

He's hilarious, loyal, affectionate, and quick to forgive. He was 9 days "late", which makes perfect sense with his personality. He's been teaching me to slow down and learn to wait and accept God's timing and his own. His future wife is a blessed woman, for he loves purely with all his heart just like his Daddy.

Today for his actual birthday he requested that we put a wrapped present in his room. So, I wrapped up mini cereal boxes so he could pick one for breakfast. Last night we made cupcakes so he could bring them to class. When Charlie got home we went to Chick Fil A for dinner and as we walked through the door Vince saw the picture of the founder and asked, "Mommy, what prophet is that?" So funny!
They played for awhile, then we opened gifts, played with a new video game Charlie bought for him, sang him Happy Birthday again with his leftover cake and with candles this time (I forgot to bring them to the park Sat). Then we watched the slideshow I made for him for his 1st birthday. Long day, but tonight he said, "This was the best birthday ever." Then it was all worth it. Love you sweetie boy!

No comments: