But, oh the joy! This boy and his infectious smile and his sweet tender voice (his real voice, not the shrieks). And, his blonde, curly locks. He is my favorite. How does one drive you completely mad yet, enrapture you with loyalty and self-sacrifice? Motherhood is such a maddening yet exalting role. So demanding. So fulfilling. I'm not sure if I will ever understand all the many intricacies. Oh, how we need each other- parent and child.
And, he was born on Christmas day. It's interesting people's responses when I tell them that. "Oh, I'm so sorry." I just smile. How to explain that this child's conception and birth were a true miracle? And, that I lost him, but he came back to me. Every Easter and Christmas I get to reflect on that. The Lord truly fulfills His promises. I'm grateful I have such a tangible reminder of that.
Here are some of my current favorite Zekielisms: booda (butterfly), weewoah (raining), shoozah (shoes or more accurately shoes on), yeh-yo (yellow). He says "mazing" and points outside so I'm not sure exactly what that means.
80% of the time I can count on him to throw something away for me if I tell him, "Go put it in the trash." He continues to call poop "boot" which we still think is hilarious. Recently he's been dragging the chair to the fridge so that he can reach the magnets.
A few weeks ago he climbed out of his crib for the first time. I think it scared him so he hasn't done it since. He's definitely not ready to sleep in a bed yet so I hope he can stay in a crib at least for the next 6 months or so.
Recently he's been very interested in blocks, the same ones we bought Azure right around this same age that she loved so much. It's fun to see him play with them. He calls them "boks".
He hasn't been napping very consistently anymore so the days he refused to nap, we just put him down to sleep around 6pm. A few nights this past week he fell asleep at 5:30pm and woke up at 9:30am! I'll definitely take that over taking a nap! We're trying to keep this streak going :) Parenting is so much easier if your children sleep 16 hrs a day!!!
Christmas frolicking
Grinch (spinach) pancakes for the birthday boy
He loves seeing himself on the camera
Getting ready for our annual Christmas caroling at Hospice on Christmas Eve
![]() |
| My 3 beautiful babies! |
![]() |
| Look at those curls and that tongue! |
![]() |
| Family Home Evening with no pants |
![]() |
| This is where his craziness comes from :) |
![]() |
| Sweetest babe! |
He sure does wear us out, but we love him so much and are so grateful for our Christmas miracle baby!
These pics are from our photo shoot back in September at Tybee.
![]() |
| Or, maybe he gets his craziness from me ;) |


















































No comments:
Post a Comment