I love to see Azure out there talking to herself and making up some random game. Reminds me so much of me. I realized I haven't seen her do this in months b/c she is usually at sch. I kinda miss homeschooling her. I wish I could find some charter sch or co-op homeschool where she could go just 3 days a week. Maybe someday.
Azure had been asking to go to Oatland Island (a mini zoo) since the summer so we decided to go on Veteran's Day. The weather was perfect. One of those days that I thoroughly enjoyed all 3 of my children. I love those days :)
Sitting on eggs in the nest.
My favorite animal there. Can't wait to get our very own someday. I put Zeke right up to his face and he cried. A little scared I think. Crazy to think that Azure had just turned a yr old the first time we went there. And, there I was w/ 3 kids, Azure almost 6 and a half. Crazy.
Yesterday (Tues. Nov. 12) I asked Azure to read 1 Nephi Ch. 17 on my phone. We have been listening to the Mormon Channel on the way to sch- most of the time Conf. talks, or the audio of scripture or The Friend, sometimes old broadcasts of Music and the Spoken Word (since that's what's on at that time). But, I felt like she should actually read it this time. I stopped her a few times explaining some words and rephrasing things like, "So, Laman and Lemuel might have said something like this to Nephi...how do you think that made him feel?" She was so engrossed in the story and you could tell she felt the spirit. I thought to myself, "It's time to start reading the real thing." We've still been reading out of the Scripture Stories. I told her thank you for reading and that I loved to hear her voice read those words. That is one of my favorite chapters in the Book of Mormon. This morning when we got into the car she asked, "Can I read the scriptures again?" Huge smile. I'm so grateful that she recognizes the spirit! She knew exactly what verse she had left off on. Hearing her read was the best part of my day.
Today she reedemed her free personal pizza for Book It. Oh, sweet memories. I used to go every month w/ my mom. I love that they still do this.
We had preschool this morning over here. I read "Thank You, Sarah" to them. Probably my favorite Thanksgiving book! And, then we made these turkeys. Their attention span is super short, much shorter than Azure's group when we did this 2 yrs ago. Vince giggled when I painted his hand and fingers for this. I love that boy!
Zeke is now at the stage where he is taking apart this shoe rack and throwing the shoes everywhere. Knocking down the trash can and pulling things out. Sheesh.
But, man, oh man, is he cute! And sweetie and snewggly. "God love 'em." As my Nana would say.














2 comments:
Awe! Sweet Azure. She seems to be so grown up. I love that she reads so well. And I know what you mean about having her home some of the time. I am loving the Kindergarten schedule with her home every other day. I don't know what I will do when she is gone every day next year.
I love this. Thanks so much for sending the invitation.
Hey, Deanna, there is a homeschool co-op. In fact, I think a second one opened this year. I'll email the link to you.
Debbie
Post a Comment