Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, July 5, 2013

The rest of May

Azure figured out how to play a part of the Backyardigans theme song by ear! She's been taking lessons since Feb every other week and has done quite well. Though, she has fought me and begged to quit her lessons. Oh, the battles with this one! Her teacher is wonderful and comes to our home for lessons. How awesome is that?! I hear her asking Rhonda for more theory homework and then later she'll tell me she wants to quit. It's been interesting helping her understand her own feelings. She has been very bi-polar about it. She's also told me that she wants to play in Sacrament meeting and then the next day she said she wants to stop taking lessons when she turns 6 (this was before her bday). Any insight? Oh, and this is a little after she got her summer haircut by our great friend Kate.
One Saturday we decided to be tourists and explore downtown since it had been awhile that all of us had been down there together.


St. John's The Baptist Cathedral. I got to perform in here twice- Oct. and Dec. 2009 with the Savannah Philharmonic Chorus. So grateful for that. There isn't a temple in Savannah, but, I can go here for my sanctuary. We really want to go to Mass here sometime. I hope we can make it happen.

I'm really glad we did the matchy-matchy for Memorial Day since Charles was not here for the 4th. Love these cuties!

On Memorial Day we braved the crowds and headed to Hilton Head with the VanYperens. Daddy is the fun parent. He will pull them on the boogie board and swim with them at the beach. I am usually sitting under an umbrella talking to a friend and I just let the kids play. I aspire to be a fun parent like Charlie :)


Vince has surprised me. I thought he was going to be jealous and resentful towards Zeke. He has been so loving and affectionate, constantly doting on him. He has such a tender heart. He's so loyal and loving. His wife is one lucky woman- he will love her with all his heart. Just like his Daddy :) And, yes we pray for their future spouses. So funny to hear Azure and Vince say, "Please bless my future husband, wife." Of course, when Vince says that he is repeating me. He has yet to say his own complete prayer at almost 3.5. He always needs help saying something and mostly just laughs. It's been interesting...




1 comment:

Stefani M. said...

If Azure can play things by ear, try finding her a piano teacher that can teach her to play by ear.