But, I really want to write what's been on my mind and in my heart.
Journal writing
I had somewhat of a rough week this past week. And, as is customary for me, one small minor thing, like a domino, spills into pretty much all aspects of my life. I found the most comfort and gained perspective from reading my journal from about 2.5 yrs ago. There were things that were bothering me then, that are again bothering me currently. Isn't it strange how cyclic our lives are? I read about how I was experiencing the same problems, and how the Lord had helped me and given me answers, how He blessed me with true and faithful friends at a time that I was feeling lonely and heartbroken. He answered my prayers then, surely He will answer them now.
Perspective. It was as if the dark clouds had immediately parted.
I must say that it is not only important that we write in our journals, but imperative that we read them frequently. Read and re-read, over and over again.
Our Nation/Freedom
Simply put- God inspired the Founding Fathers to write the Constitution and form a democratic government so that the gospel of Jesus Christ could be restored on this land. On this soil that I love.
Spacious skies, amber waves of grain, purple mountain majesties, shining seas



I love thy rocks and rills, thy woods and templed hills. My heart with rapture thrills.
Our father's God, to thee, Author of liberty,I love my husband
To thee we sing; Long may our land be bright with freedom's holy light
Protect us by thy might, Great God, our King!
I don't like soda, mostly b/c I dislike carbonated water. 99% of the time I get water with lime at restaurants (the 1% being an occasional root beer with pizza or some fruity smoothie if buying a drink is requisite for a discount). Charles is not a soda fan either. If ever Charles is presented with a beverage option he chooses water. And I love him for it.
He's always down for a last minute road trip. I love how spontaneous he is. Even with 2 kids. He is so fun and makes me laugh every day.
I am a stereotypical girl for the most part. I cry on average once a week, get all worked up over nothing, and so on. When I was on my mission I met an elderly woman who was also serving a mission with her husband as "Area Doctors". She gave me some really good advice: "Marry a man who is a rock." I'm grateful that when I sometimes feel out of control, Charles is my rock. He is stable and balances out my unstableness. And he never stops loving me, even if I don't deserve his love. That my friends is a true blessing. We don't have a perfect marriage by any means, but it is one of our goals to have "an amazing marriage" and an "intentional marriage".




6 comments:
I love you!
Wish I could be closer while you're having a hard time. I've thought a lot about you this past week or so. Looks like I should have done something about it. (Too bad I'm absorbed in my own little studying world.)
Second you on the journal writing AND reading--both have blessed my life just this week. :)
Have also had some special love for our country. Teaching my international students about Independence Day was really special.
I also thought about guys on the 4th. That was a fun one that year. I hope we'll share another together sometime. :)
And I'm planning on being in Boston for awhile (I better be, after taking a second bar exam!!), so maybe you'll make it after all. Or, if it's in 20 years, we can meet up and come together. :) With my husband who's almost as wonderful as Charles. I've actually also been thinking about you guys, too. Maybe because I have a piece of paper on my nightstand with the marriage/family books you suggested. Or for whatever reason. But, I've thought several times about when you first told me about him (how perfectly he fit your desires), and about your sealing (it was such a special event!), and then just being with you in the years after. I'm so, so glad you have him.
And, like I said--I LOVE YOU!!
(Looks like I should have just written an email.)
Okay, not done.
I was also thinking specifically about your rock story this past month. I remember you telling me about it long ago, in that year when we'd first come home. Watching Chelsea (the girl who lived here this past month) and her strength--even from a distance--on her "rock" made think about it. So, funny that you brought it up.
Thanks for writing a little of your current thoughts on the blog. It's fun to hear updates on the cute kiddos and the amazing trips, but I also like to hear about YOU!!
Amen. Amen. Amen.
Thank goodness for husbands that are strong. :) I'm glad I'm not the only woman who feels like I get worked up over nothing. Just remember that you are great. :)
Good reminder to read my journal. I enjoyed the post and pictures ;)
Loved this post. I actually love all your posts! I really liked what you said about reading your journal. I write but I don't read mine as often. I think we can remember feelings we had that are still very important now. I didn't tell you this earlier but I will pray for you too! Seems like there is always hard times. For a little while there is sunshine but then storms once again. The Lord is preparing you Deanna for many great things that are to come! Love you!
Post a Comment