Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, December 13, 2009

Christmas Festivities

My previous excuses for not blogging for almost a month remain fully intact. Charles with finals, and my hatred for this new program that doesn't handle the uploading of photos as I'd like. And it's the photos that I use as the basis for my blogging.

Ok, on to the catch up. We went to Ev's house again this year for Thanksgiving and loved being with her family and seeing the beautiful mountains that we miss dearly! We drove up to Virginia and West Virginia too, cause we're crazy like that.

But, we're also slightly lame because we didn't take any pictures of Ev or her family or the beautiful mountains.




Here's a crafty Thanksgiving project that we did in YWs. It's a Thanksgiving tree where we wrote what we were thankful for on the leaves. I like when they inspire me to be crafty, because I'm usually not.


We put our little Christmas tree up the Monday after Thanksgiving for Family Home Evening. I think we may make that into a tradition.

Posted by Picasa

Azure with Santa at our ward Christmas party. Some kids were crying and did NOT want to sit on his lap. She did okay, but wasn't super thrilled about it. And if anyone is curious about our decision in regards to last year's post about Santa Claus, we're not telling her that Santa is coming to bring gifts, we're telling her that Mommy and Daddy are giving her presents. But, we're not anti-Santa Claus entirely.

While we put together our gingerbread house Azure picked up a candy cane and asked what it was. After telling her she said, "It's for sheep mommy!" I was impressed that she recognized it as a shephard's cane. I then realized that that was the symbol for the candy cane. And she knew it before I even did.

I was also pretty impressed with Azure's decorating skills. She was in deep concentration as she placed each piece of candy on the house. I think I need to do some more crafting projects with her.

3 comments:

Stefani M. said...

I think that's the same gingerbread house we did last year! I didn't buy one this year because I thought last years' wasn't very tasty. (But, maybe it's just me.) And I figured that all pre-made gingerbread houses meant to withstand a long stint in a box, then a long stint on a table having everyone nibble on it must taste a bit more like cardboard than the real thing. I've thought about making miniature versions out of graham cracker, though. THAT would be tasty.

Deanna said...

It doesn't taste good at all. But, we made it for the memories and tactile experimentation for Azure. Also, it saved me a lot of time because it was a pre-made kit.

Aunt Tally said...

Azure is so cute making the gingerbread house with daddy. I love how into it she was. I already told you that you seriously look like mom in that Christmas tree pic, ha ha.I also thought it was super funny that Charles wrote cheese on one of those leaves