It's hard to express in words just how much joy she brings me. Charles says she's an exact clone of me. And I agree. I guess I'm somewhat vain, but I love that she is so like me :) She has picked up on a lot of my mannerisms and facial expressions and to see her do them is absolutely darling! With her vocabulary growing more and more, she cracks us up with the things she says and a part of me wishes she would stay this age forever.
Here are a few samples of Azureisms:
"It's too, so very dark. Too, so very hot. Too, so very..."
She made up a word called "Momo". We think he is male. He very well may be her imaginary friend. When she first started talking about "him" a lot we laughed and kept asking, "Who/what is Momo?" Since we laughed so much, she now mentions "him" whenever she wants to illicit laughter from us.
On Sundays mornings she wakes up to see me and Charles dressed in church clothes to which she exclaims, "I have to, need to, go to church. Nursery!"
One of my simple joys is to leave the Christmas tree lights on when we leave the house to run errands so when we come back, we have pretty, glowing lights to greet us. When I first did this I exclaimed to Azure, "Look at the lights on the tree. Isn't it so pretty?" And now every time we open the door she says in her most excited voice, and running to the tree, "Look! It's so pretty!"
When she hits something accidentally or runs into something (the table, the door) she says, "I'm so sorry. Excuse me."
Azure refers to Charles' 5 finger shoes as his penguin shoes. The other day she said, "Daddy, you're in big trouble." "Why?" he asked. "Because your penguin shoes." "Gonna need to go to the dark room." The dark room is the laundry room where she goes for punishment.
When I tell her it's time to go to sleep, more often than not she responds with, "No, I'm just waking up."
She is a pure delight!




5 comments:
I love the Azureisms and the photo shoot. You look so pretty and make me miss my curly hair! Have a great Christmas!
Deanna, I've still got a long way to go before my second child comes, but I understand the feeling of sadness at the thought of "losing" a little bit of time with your first child once the next one comes and the attention will need to be divided. It makes me sad to think about the 2 or 3days I will be in the hospital after giving birth and won't be able to be a full-time mom to Spencer during that time. Blessings come with sacrifices, I guess. :)
She is so freaking adorable!
What a crack-up!
I was worried, too, about dividing my time, but thankfully, in the beginning, babies sleep a lot, so it's probably going to be a gradual change. Julian just slept and ate, and while he ate, I would read Haley books.
What a doll! I love the funny things kids say and wish, somehow, I could record every funny word that comes out of their mouths!
Post a Comment