But, my expectation to blog once a week like I used to is just unrealistic. I hope any of you who still read this are connected with me on either Facebook or Instagram so you can see the pics I post of the kids and everyday life. Moral of the story- learn to adapt.
But, while I'm blogging I will give a short update on all the kidlets.
Zekiel- 2 days shy of 14 months! He is Azure's twin. An insane amount of energy. A non-stop whirlwind. Wiggles out of my arms when I'm holding him. Tries to crawl down my back. Latches his toes into the belt loop of my pants and kicks, causing my pants to fall down. Puts his hands down my shirt and tries to expose me in public. Pulls my bra straps off my shoulder (maybe I should get a new bra). Bites my chin, pulls my hair, rubs snot and drool all over my neck and shoulder. I'm sure I'm forgetting something.
So, I'll put him down and he'll pull to a stand on my legs and pull on my pants, causing them to fall. I absolutely hate the feeling of anything pulling on my pants. And, then the screaming. He screams so loud it makes my ears ring. It is really hard to stay calm when this is happening. Dinner is the worst. I think for the most part it's just the stage he's in but, he also really needs to be taking 2 naps a day and he doesn't. He refuses an afternoon nap so I've pretty much stopped trying. Also, we are prisoners in our own home if he takes 2 naps anyway. He wakes up anywhere between 7-8am. Then we take Azure to sch, I go to the gym right after on Mon, Wed, and Fridays and then put him down around 10:30 for his nap. He usually wakes up around 12pm. Then bedtime is between 6:30-7:30 so he's up for at least 6.5 hrs after that nap. I've tried putting him down around 3pm but, he'll just cry in his crib for a bit and then play for like an hour without ever sleeping. And, then we have to pick Azure up from school at 3:30 anyways. Sometimes Charlie gets off early and can pick her up though.
His mind is exploding. He can sign dog, bird, dada, mama, and more. For the past few weeks as soon as we get out of the car and are about to go inside, we listen for birds. It's so exciting to see him search around for them and then make the sign. He actually signs "milk" b/c bird requires a bit more advanced motor skills. Both our neighbors across the street have dogs and he likes watching them and signing dog.
Thursday we went to the Bull St. library storytime which I always love, the librarian is sooo good. And, I used to take Azure there when she was 14 months- same age as Zekiel now which is crazy! That was almost 6 yrs ago! And, for the first time Zeke said hi to a random stranger and waved! He LOVED all the social interaction and was hamming it up. I think I'll start taking him every Thurs even though it's right at his nap time.
I'm nursing him 3x a day. In the morning, at nap time or when he wakes up from a nap and at bedtime. A rare occasion I will nurse him 4x. He will eat anything but, his usual staples are applesauce pouches, PB sandwhiches, and, mozzarella cheese. He doesn't really like whole milk all that much. He drinks it a few times a week.
Vince- FINALLY potty training! Hooray. He had been telling me he'd wear underwear when he turned 4 and I guess he was serious. He's even used multiple public bathrooms and has told me when he has to go. I'm so proud of him. He is so proud of himself. Such a sweet boy! I'm sad that I tried to push him when he wasn't ready yet. Children really do have their own time frame and do things naturally when they are ready. He loves that he can either go standing up or sitting down. He still has trouble putting his pants back on. Wiping is still pretty messy.
He is a bit obsessive about the TMNT so I've tried not to fuel it as much. One cute thing he told Azure last Sunday as they played was, "Do you know who's even braver than the TMNTs? Nephi!" That warmed my heart. He loves Primary and Sunbeams. He sits there reverently and soaks it all in. Once Zeke is in nursery I'll be able to sneak a peak at him in there more often.
He's very into puzzles right now. He put together a pretty small 24 piece puzzle all by himself and I was shocked- I was even having a hard time w/ it! He still stutters sometimes but, his vocabulary is growing more and more and he understands so much more than he can say. It reminds me of when I first got to Bolivia and I could understand what people were saying in Spanish especially mixed with body language and gestures but, I just couldn't say the words I needed to. It was always frustrating when people treated me like I was an idiot just b/c I couldn't say what I wanted. I imagine that is exactly how toddlers and young children feel. I'm glad I have had that experience so I can be empathetic. And, I wish I was always empathetic instead of impatient. He says, "Mommy, I love you so much," at least once a day, but, on average 5. (I counted yesterday and it was 6!) I would like to just take a trip with only him sometime. The middle child really does get the short end of the stick.
Azure- she reads about an hour a day after she gets home from school. I love it! She prefers having male friends and says she's not really friends with any of the girls in her class. I bought her a TMNT lunchbox for school b/c she said that's what she really wanted. She is adamant about not liking dolls or princesses. For Vince's birthday I took them both to see Frozen and they loved it. She said, "Even though that was a princess movie, I still liked it." I love her little tom boyish side.
She sang "When I am Baptized" with Addi last Sunday. She looked down at her music the whole time and when I asked her about it afterwards she said she did it so that she wouldn't have to look at anyone b/c that would make her nervous. She used to not be nervous so, I guess she's becoming more self-conscious. School has made her that way I think, which is sad. She cried the other night as we were debriefing and told me that the boys she usually sits next to for lunch asked her why she always sits by them. She said, "Fine, I won't ever sit by you again." And, then went and sat alone.
We talked about how she could look for others who were also sitting alone and feeling sad. Luckily she doesn't hold grudges for very long because she said she sat by them again a few days later and they didn't say anything about it.
Charlie- enjoying working full-time doing stewardship and running like crazy. He just ran a half and will do a 50K in June. Yes, that's 31.1 miles. Wow! He's pretty incredible. He just got back from a snowboarding trip with the Young Men and had a blast.
Me- I ran my fastest 5k ever on Fri. Jan. 31st. 23:30!!! I was shocked. I feel really empowered and know that I can do anything I set my mind to, which I honestly have not really believed before. My business is going extremely well. I have helped my clients lose over 600 lbs now. I've also helped some get off cholesterol and high blood meds, and one of my clients no longer has to use her CPAP machine for sleep apnea. The personal development has been huge. My clients and co-workers are so inspiring and being around inspiring people rubs off and makes me more optimistic. And, we've been able to pay off our debt faster than we anticipated! Feels good to be not only physically and emotionally healthy, but also financially healthy. The future is bright! The day to day tends to be stressful but, we are happy and in a good stage of life.
Christina, my client and friend who's lost over 100 lbs. So happy that I've been able to help her!





























2 comments:
Oh, they are all so cute. It's fun to hear how everyone is.
Since I don't do facebook or instagram, this is it for me. Well, that and phone calls at least twice a year. :)
I'm happy to hear about all the good things going on. Hooray for a good season!
Love reading the updates when I get around to it. Sounds like life is going well. My mind is reeling about what my third child will bring to the mix. So exciting and so crazy!
Post a Comment