Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, February 12, 2012

My 2 year old boy

My little Vincey is growing up! His baby stage has lasted so much longer than Azure's did but, he really is growing up.
He is no longer attached to my leg at social gatherings. Which I am so grateful for! He runs to go play with his friends with ease. He is still a little timid around those he isn't too familiar with though- which obviously is normal. I am not very outgoing around people I don't know well either.

He is talking up a storm now and says new words almost daily. One of my recent favorites is: "Az-juice, 'mon." (Azure, come on) He does this incredibly adorable voice inflection on "ma-on". Melt my heart.

He's always liked Baby Signing Time but, the last few weeks he has become obsessed, addicted, a Signing Time fiend. He wakes up in the morning screaming for me, "Mom-EYE". I don't know why he switched from Mommy to Mom-eye. Then when I come in he either says, "Eat!" or "Baby Time" (meaning he wants to watch Baby Signing Time).

Just in the last 2 weeks he's learned about 20 new signs and new words. And he is speaking much more clearly now the words he's already known.

At his 2 yr old check-up last week he weighed 25 pounds and didn't even whimper when he got 3 shots! The nurse said she has never seen that before and called him a "stud". Both Azure and Vince were sick 2 weeks ago and Azure complained that her ear hurt. We got them both checked out and Azure didn't have an ear infection, but Vince did. We were surprised because he had not been crying in pain like Azure had when she first had an ear infection. After seeing his calm display at getting 3 shots we decided that he has a very high tolerance for pain!

He is quite the screamer. (And I don't think it's b/c he still has some fluid in his ears from the infection.) He is usually pretty well-behaved. He is pretty aware of social situations already. Today I dragged him along to a Primary meeting and he kept asking for a strawberry and running up to the snack table while a prayer was being said. He looked around and noticed that everyone's eyes were closed with folded arms and bowed heads so he put his head down and came and stood right by me quietly until the prayer was over. I was impressed.

He comes up to give me kisses all throughout the day while he plays. This boy really has stole my heart.

I always get a little sentimental at my children's birthdays- ok, any day I guess :) I, of course, love my children equally but, I love them differently. Azure has always been so independent. Vince is very needy and clingy. I hadn't yet experienced that as a mother and it's pulled my heart strings in a profound way. It's hard and frustrating to be wanted all the time but, yet it is so endearing and makes me feel valued in a way I haven't felt before.
As I reflect on his birth and the intense bond I felt to him almost immediately, I feel so grateful for the man that Vince is. He has shaped me into a better mother, a better wife, a better person. And I know he will continue to play a vital part in making me the woman God would have me be. I distinctly remember thinking that he looked and felt so familiar to me as I held him in my arms the day after he was born. I have no doubt that we were together before this life.
Happy Birthday son! We love you so much!

A post on his Elmo birthday party to come...

5 comments:

CK said...

Oh my goodness, these pictures are SO cute! I love the shots of you with him. You are such a cute Mom!!!

Ruth said...

He is so, so cute!

Catherine said...

Happy Birthday, Vince! I love the adorable photos and the endearing thoughts you shared. It was so fun to see you guys last week!! Love you!

Unknown said...

I can't believe how big he's getting. He's SO adorable.

Sarah said...

Love his smile. He looks so much like his daddy.