Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, November 21, 2011

I love to see the temple

We went up to Raleigh, NC on the weekend of Oct. 22 to see Evelyn and Mike be sealed. Catherine also came down from DC and just as expected it was a wonderful experience. Their sealer was Elder Scott's brother.

Beautiful fall foliage. Perfect weather. Loving friends. Food. Football. A great way to celebrate an eternal union.





The kids ate a total of 50 fruit snacks (about 25 pouches each) and 24 applesauce pouches the entire weekend. Interesting diaper changes.




In the spirit of Thanksgiving here's a small sampling of things I'm grateful for:
  • That Elijah the prophet restored the sealing power to Joseph Smith making it possible for relationships (like Ev & Mike's) to be perpetuated beyond the grave and last eternally. That this is indeed truth and not just wishful thinking.
  • To be able to go to the beach in November and wear shorts. I really do like Savannah :)
  • My body and that I am healthy
  • To be able to stay at home with my children (though somedays it's hard to see this as a blessing :)
  • Music and my calling as Primary Chorister
  • Stacy's pita chips (we may or may not have eaten 4 bags in 3 days)
  • That I am madly in love with Charles and insanely attracted to him (emotionally, spiritually, and physically) and he feels the same about me
  • The sound of Azure making Vince laugh hysterically and watching them play so well together

  • To have a wonderful group of friends who love and support me and like to be around me as much as I like to be around them
  • General Conference talks- gems!
  •  Seeing a whole array of yellow, red, orange, and purple trees
  • To see azaleas blooming in the Fall!
It is good to be alive!

5 comments:

Sarah said...

It IS good to be alive! Happy Thanksgiving!

Michelle said...

I agree, there are so many things to be grateful for! Hope you and your cute family have a fabulous thanksgiving! :)

Sarah said...

Happy Thanksgiving! I love your thankful list.

CK said...

Ohhhh! What an awesome trip! I love the comments about the fruit snacks- haha!

Ruth said...

That's so fun that Pres. Scott was their sealer! He was my stake president when I was a youth; my first stake leader who knew who I was and he was really important in my young life. :)